markIV extension cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlaverty

Reaction score
is it ok if i plug a 2x12 (or 1x12) 8ohm marshall cab on my mark4 inthe 4ohm output with the EV in the other 4 ohm?

My question is if i can plug my new mark IV 8 ohms output into a 16 ohms 4*12 cab...?

mlaverty said:
is it ok if i plug a 2x12 (or 1x12) 8ohm marshall cab on my mark4 inthe 4ohm output with the EV in the other 4 ohm?
Yes

As a general rule amplifiers want to see AT LEAST what is labeled on the output. So if you have an amp with just a 4 ohm output, you could plug a 4, an 8, or a 16 ohm speaker into it.

But plugging a 4 ohm speaker into an 8 ohm jack would be a recipe for disaster.

does a single loudspeaker in 8 ohms resist the same as a 2x12 in 8 ohms?
on my mark iv can i plug the EV on the 4ohm output and a 8 ohm 4x12 in the other 4ohm output?

So is safe i guess to use all the futures like tweed power with the 16 ohms cab? the cab is load with eminence Private Jacks speakers rated at 50 watts each... :?:

on my mark iv can i plug the EV on the 4ohm output and a 8 ohm 4x12 in the other 4ohm output?

mlaverty said:
As I stated above...........YES! 8 ohms is 8 ohms. PERIOD! Two 8 ohm loads connected in parallel no matter how many speakers are involved = 4 ohms.

I think someone needs to chill... :wink:

Let us not forget the period at which we were asking the same questions no matter how long ago that was.

Back