Mark VII and onboard IR+ only 8 slots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mace

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Just for awareness if you are considering the VII, be aware that all three channels share the same 8 IR slots. As comparison, the Badlander is a two channel amp and each channel has it’s own 8 independent slots (so 16 slots total). I was assuming that the VII would also have 8 per channel, so one could load up 8 appropriate IRs for each channel and have a lot of flexibility (like the Badlander). Well, in this regard the VII is less flexible since all three channels share the same 8 slots.

This has been pretty much the only disappointing thing about the VII so far. Well, also the fact there is no footswitch slip cover (not a biggie but a slight bummer)

Are you sure about that? The Badlander manual seems to be pretty clear that the IRs loaded in the 8 presets for each channel need to match. So even though it has one folder for each channel, the IRS loaded in them need to be the same IR file, which honestly doesn't make any sense to me. This may be why they changed it for the Mark VII where there is only one folder for the 8 presets. If they need to be the same, there's no reason to have more than one folder.

NOTE: Regardless of what IRs are loaded into the CabClone File Folders for each Channel (the Factory IRs or custom 3rd party
IRs), the individual Preset Folders for each Channel must contain the same IRs loaded at each Preset location (1-8). For example,
Preset location 1 in Channel 1 must have the same IR loaded into the IR Folder as Preset location 1 in Channel 2. You can use differ-
ent Presets across the Channels, but the matching numbered rotary positions must each call up (be loaded with) the same IR File.

Are you sure about that? The Badlander manual seems to be pretty clear that the IRs loaded in the 8 presets for each channel need to match. So even though it has one folder for each channel, the IRS loaded in them need to be the same IR file, which honestly doesn't make any sense to me. This may be why they changed it for the Mark VII where there is only one folder for the 8 presets. If they need to be the same, there's no reason to have more than one folder.
No, I’m not. I’ll double check for sure!

Latest posts

Back