Mark V35 issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrucciator101

Reaction score
EVERYTIME I take this amp to a gig, something always goes wrong lol. Love the tones but man, either the volume drops out randomly, or no sound comes out. Works fine at home. Must be a venue power issue. I got a new Furman power for about $130, Merrit lx8? Was working fine, plugged in a small fan half way thru a set, volume dropped and started making fart sounds. Unplugged it, worked fine... what the? Lol. Then the sound dropped halfway thru the night. Using 4 cable method with boss gt100. Cables are good, tubes are good. I can't pass the channel volumes past 9oclock, amp squeels like crazy. Been keeping it that low for many years, frustrating. If i go direct into the amp, i can crank it. 4CB, can't. I'm really thinking of getting rid of this amp. Doesn't perform the way i need it to. Unreliable at the gigs. Never found any useful info online. Anyways, anyone have these similar issues that have been solved? I don't expect any responses... glad I got this out of my system. Cool forum, lot's of good tips here. Laters

Works fine at home.

Tested in home environment with same volume levels as in gig? Squealing? With guitar straight to amp?

Was working fine, plugged in a small fan half way thru a set, volume dropped and started making fart sounds. Unplugged it, worked fine...

Rule #4: No unplanned changes to setup during gigs. 😁

EVERYTIME I take this amp to a gig, something always goes wrong lol. Love the tones but man, either the volume drops out randomly, or no sound comes out. Works fine at home. Must be a venue power issue. I got a new Furman power for about $130, Merrit lx8? Was working fine, plugged in a small fan half way thru a set, volume dropped and started making fart sounds. Unplugged it, worked fine... what the? Lol. Then the sound dropped halfway thru the night. Using 4 cable method with boss gt100. Cables are good, tubes are good. I can't pass the channel volumes past 9oclock, amp squeels like crazy. Been keeping it that low for many years, frustrating. If i go direct into the amp, i can crank it. 4CB, can't. I'm really thinking of getting rid of this amp. Doesn't perform the way i need it to. Unreliable at the gigs. Never found any useful info online. Anyways, anyone have these similar issues that have been solved? I don't expect any responses... glad I got this out of my system. Cool forum, lot's of good tips here. Laters
How is it straight into the amp? Might be the processor settings that need adjustment, that has happened to me, then plug straight into the amp and it's fine. If all preamp tubes are known to be good, I would question the effects of the loop, possible loop 12ax7, you could swap the 1st 2 12ax7's to see if it makes a difference.

How is it straight into the amp? Might be the processor settings that need adjustment, that has happened to me, then plug straight into the amp and it's fine. If all preamp tubes are known to be good, I would question the effects of the loop, possible loop 12ax7, you could swap the 1st 2 12ax7's to see if it makes a difference.
Just a thought. Tubes can go bad being new sometimes 😏

Also make sure your effects have the right power supply, if the voltage and current, especially the the current (milliamps
/Amps) are not at least it more, the effects will not perform properly.

Also make sure your effects have the right power supply, if the voltage and current, especially the the current (milliamps
/Amps) are not at least it more, the effects will not perform properly.
Some effects don't do well in amp loops. What processor are you using in the loop?

Latest posts

Back