Mark V youtube clip!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, we need a youtube of "Petrucci and Hetfield sit down and have a beer: The MarkV Lead channel explored"

kiff said:
Yea, we need a youtube of "Petrucci and Hetfield sit down and have a beer: The MarkV Lead channel explored"

H: "Dude, so have any chicks come to see your band, ever?"

P: "..."

:lol:

kiff said:

I was hoping that Mark Morton would have been caught with a pre-release version or maybe an early video with him playing the Mark V. He was the reason I first looked at a Mark IV after he stated (and I paraphrase) "We always came back to my guitar directly to the Mark IV" when talking about what he used in studio for the bulk of the Lamb of God songs pre Sacrament.

Either way, definitely want to see some more videos showcasing the darker side of this amp.

Mungo Zen said:
kiff said:

I was hoping that Mark Morton would have been caught with a pre-release version or maybe an early video with him playing the Mark V. He was the reason I first looked at a Mark IV after he stated (and I paraphrase) "We always came back to my guitar directly to the Mark IV" when talking about what he used in studio for the bulk of the Lamb of God songs pre Sacrament.

Either way, definitely want to see some more videos showcasing the darker side of this amp.

Amen to that and also to the previous posters desirous of a more in-depth lead channel exploration - specifically, the new Extreme mode. Why hasn't someone done this yet? I'd have thought there would be greater interest in it right off the bat. Grr.. :) Can't wait for mine to get here (slated to arrive around end of March)!

Mungo Zen said:
kiff said:

Pre sacrament? Hmm... the LOG sound has been under heavy debate as of late. A lot of it is mixed up, cuz you can't tell which song they actually use the Mark IV all the time.

I know for certain a majority of "As the Palaces Burn" was triple/dual recs on vintage mode. None of that album sounds like the Mark. Subsequent releases "Ashes of the Wake" and "Sacrament" was a lot of the Mark IV. This new album "Wrath" is said to be all Mark's.. and this new release being streamed right now definitely proves it http://altpress.com/media/

It's interesting to note that "As the Palaces Burn" has the most aggressive and upfront guitar out of all the albums.

"Amen to that and also to the previous posters desirous of a more in-depth lead channel exploration - specifically, the new Extreme mode. Why hasn't someone done this yet? "

I have not heard of anyone playing it much more than 10 min ?
I do not think anyone has spent the the time with it to do much of any kind of review.

The first time you played a Mark amp could you review it 10 min later ?

It well be months till someone does.

stephen sawall said:
"Amen to that and also to the previous posters desirous of a more in-depth lead channel exploration - specifically, the new Extreme mode. Why hasn't someone done this yet? "

I have not heard of anyone playing it much more than 10 min ?
I do not think anyone has spent the the time with it to do much of any kind of review.

The first time you played a Mark amp could you review it 10 min later ?

It well be months till someone does.

You're right of course, I'm just over-anxious to hear what this new mode sounds like is all. Specifically, I'm curious how they're approaching gain structures in the lead channel now that it no longer has separate gain, lead drive, and channel vol controls. My guess is that the single channel gain control has sufficient firepower to compensate and the use of Extreme kicks things up to the maximum? We'll see. I've just gotta be patient :)

Hetfield plays Diezel VH4's. I doubt he'll ever play the Mark V for his live tone. :p

James has gone back to the Mark IIC for the new stuff.
He felt the mids cut better and is more his sound.
That is from "Guitar World" interview.

I have played the Diezels and agree with him.
The Mesa's have much better mids.

James isn´t just using the VH4´s though. He´s also using several Triaxis preamps. He usually combining two of them, one set for IIC+ and one for recto tones and two backups. He used to use Strategy 400 poweramps but now he´s using 2:90´s. So the Mesa tone has pretty much always been a part of his live sound.

So if he likes the Mark V he might incorparate one in his rig or use one in the studio (perhaps) someday. They aren´t the fastest record makers as we know. The Mark VI will probably be out before their next album.

I'm really glad i'm not the only one that noticed none of these guys who actually sat there and played a few riffs. Granted I'm more of a rhythm player so i might be biased, but even lead players play rhythm for most of a song. Why the hell wouldnt you play a few riffs along with some leads?????

The first thing i do with any amp is first check out the cleans with a picking line and then some strummed chords. Then I dial in a good rhythm tone and play through some of my own rhythm stuff mixed with some Metallica/APC/Porcupine Tree/Tool/LoG (only bands i really ever learn songs from). Then finally i'll play some leads (mostly my own stuff). Maybe its because the foundation of my sound comes from the extremes (very clean and very heavy), but it sucks to finally hear this amp played the polar opposite of my playing :evil: I know me, me, me but i can't wait for the day someone posts a clip of some rhythm stuff and as someone else emntioned some gilmour-esque leads.

BTW, i would love to hear JP and Het sit down and go to town on that amp.

jdurso said:
I'm really glad i'm not the only one that noticed none of these guys who actually sat there and played a few riffs. Granted I'm more of a rhythm player so i might be biased, but even lead players play rhythm for most of a song. Why the hell wouldnt you play a few riffs along with some leads?????

The first thing i do with any amp is first check out the cleans with a picking line and then some strummed chords. Then I dial in a good rhythm tone and play through some of my own rhythm stuff mixed with some Metallica/APC/Porcupine Tree/Tool/LoG (only bands i really ever learn songs from). Then finally i'll play some leads (mostly my own stuff). Maybe its because the foundation of my sound comes from the extremes (very clean and very heavy), but it sucks to finally hear this amp played the polar opposite of my playing :evil: I know me, me, me but i can't wait for the day someone posts a clip of some rhythm stuff and as someone else emntioned some gilmour-esque leads.

BTW, i would love to hear JP and Het sit down and go to town on that amp.
I'm with you 100%

Latest posts

Back