Mark V Tweed Setting Noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwish

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of noise on the "tweed" setting of Ch. 1. The noise only exists when you're not grounding the guitar strings. I've played a few different mark v's and this noise occurs regardless of guitars, single coils, humbuckers, cables, etc. I realize the Tweed setting is much more sensitive than "fat" or "clean." Curious if anyone can weigh in on this. Thanks.

I haven't experienced this. Help us out a bit in helping you....What are your settings in Tweed Mode?

Everything at 12:00 pretty much. Usually on 45W, but the noise happens on all wattages. Happens on my mark v, a friend's, and a local shop's. I'll try to record a clip of the noise tomorrow. This noise (constant hum/buzz) only occurs on the tweed setting of channel 1. Very strange.

Very strange indeed. I haven't had that problem, even with the gain up around four or five o'clock and using a single coil guitar.

zwish said:
I've noticed a lot of noise on the "tweed" setting of Ch. 1. The noise only exists when you're not grounding the guitar strings.

That is normal. All guitars will buzz if you aren't grounding them. Tweed just has a lot more gain than fat and clean.

Hmm, makes sense I suppose. I just would have figured the same noise would be present on ch. 3 as well, but it's not. Thanks for the replies.

zwish said:
Hmm, makes sense I suppose. I just would have figured the same noise would be present on ch. 3 as well, but it's not. Thanks for the replies.

I would suggest you listen again. It's definitely there, and is present on every guitar and amp combo that is correctly wired.

Holy thread resurrection!

I have this same noise. I guess it is normal? I don`t like that much :?

Has something been found to remedy the noise, other than a noise reducer?

Thanks

Mick

Latest posts

Back