Mark V to Roadster and now my Electra Dyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhurst462

Reaction score
Well I finally have my new ED and love it. After demo'ing a combo for a weekend I was hooked. I originally wanted the long head, but it was discontinued for 2011, so i ordered a medium head, but to my suprise my dealer got an email and was told they had one long head cabinet left. So I have the last long head ED made, which is sort of cool, I guess.

This is definitely my favorite amp. I'm gone from a Mark V to a Roadster and now to the ED, and I couldn't be happier. The tone, the simplicity, is great. Now don't get me wrong, the Mark V and Roadster are amazing amps, and I am glad I got to own both of them. Anyway, I thought I would post a pic of my new head.

Now it's time to see what this new Royal Atlantic is going to be all about. That would be something cool to possibly add later. I love gear! :mrgreen:

IMG00030-20110308-2045.jpg

Welcome.

Man I am so tempted to sell my combo and get a head and cab. I would just be eating so much money on the deal for essentially the same amp. And as heavy as my combo is atleast it has wheels.

primal said:
Welcome.

Man I am so tempted to sell my combo and get a head and cab. I would just be eating so much money on the deal for essentially the same amp. And as heavy as my combo is atleast it has wheels.

I've almost done that several times, but stopped last minute and rethought how much money that would put down the drain. I may eventually order an enclosure for the head, which MB said would be about $350. Not sure if that'll be possible anymore, though, since they stopped selling the long head! Just a thought, though.

the chassis are all the same size so you can put them in either full or medium head cabs. The big difference is that the chassis mounts the other way up, so the controls and back panel will both be upside down.

I spoke with Marcus and he said you can order the Lonestar Head box for 350-400$.

He said if you do though, make sure you tell them it is for an ED because there are some other things they need to include. No idea what though.

The Chassis is the exact same measurements and since the lonestar head has the tubes hanging down, everything would be right side up.

I've always preferred heads and cabs to combo's just because I like having the versatility of using whatever cabinet or speaker combination with my amp. However with the ED, as much as I like my Avatar 2x12 and I like my Avatar's a lot, which have a Greenback and a G12H30, the ED combo has a killer tone. I had a 1x12 for a weekend, which is what sold me on the ED and caused me to sell my Roadster. I'm not sure you would be gaining much going to the head other than not having to carry that 1x12 around. That has to be one of the heaviest 1x12 combo's I've had to move.

Latest posts

Back