MArk V specific patches for TC G Major 2 unit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmech111

Reaction score
I have really started to like and get into the programming for my G Major 2. I have figured out a good methodology that leaves flexibility in my setup with the Mark V, FCB1010, Mark V footboard and the G Major 2.

Is there anywhere on here that has Mark V specific patches for the G Major 2? I am looking for tried and true patches that switch channels and fx to match.

I would also be interested to see what others are doing with their Mark V and the G Major 2 setup.

The way I have mine setup is I have the FCB1010 connected to the G Major 2, which is hardwired to the MKV, and have the channel switching done by the GM2 presets. I also have the boogie footswitch connected. I found something cool where if the MKV is set to channel 1, the footswitch will change channels even though the GM2 is hard connected. If the MKV is on channel 3, no footswitch channel changes can be made from the MKV. I am OK with that. I consider that a huge flexibility plus!

For now, I am trying to setup a good bank of patches unique to my channel preferences and fx requirements. I do not have much FX requirements yet. The GM2 may change that though in the near future!

SonVolt said:
Are you positive it's safe to use the relays on the GM2 to change channels on your V?

I've been using the relays in my G-System to handle the switching on my V for over four years now. Some older Boogies don't work due to the wiring of the switching jacks, but the V doesn't have this problem.

SteveO said:
SonVolt said:
Are you positive it's safe to use the relays on the GM2 to change channels on your V?

I've been using the relays in my G-System to handle the switching on my V for over four years now. Some older Boogies don't work due to the wiring of the switching jacks, but the V doesn't have this problem.

I have 2 questions -

1) If the effects loop is bypassed on the footswitch, will the GM2 still be able to switch channels? Or does the loop have to be engaged at all times?

2) Did you use just regular old guitar cables or do you need something special?

guitarmech111 said:
Is there anywhere on here that has Mark V specific patches for the G Major 2? I am looking for tried and true patches that switch channels and fx to match.
It's like scratching your butt. Nobody can really tell you how you should do it. You just kinda figure it out yourself. :lol:

as long as you have the foot controller hooked up to the GM2 and MArkV, when you execute and event to change the switch state, the amp will change regardless if the loop is used or not. I used a TRS that split out into tip and ring ends. Works like a charm.

Back