Mark V question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rispsira

Reaction score
Hey guys im sorry but just to warn u im going to be asking a stupid question that has probably been asked a lot(?)

But did anyone talk to mesa about their choice of not having both the lead drive and gain to balance your sound on the new Mark???
That was to me such a "mesa signature"! or you know what i mean.

Just was curious about what you guys think also.. (especially since being the way that i am, i had to order two of that head without trying it and with no good soundclips........ :s) So far im a TA user. (a totally broke one)

Thanks

i have not asked anyone specifically about this. however I think the sole reason is to keep the layout of the channels identical, so as to make the amp easier to use.

Yes but i am sure that everyone would agree that where not looking for easy! right?

Careful though i am not saying that this wont turn out to be a GREAT amp!! (i ordered two) but i have just been wondering how it can reproduce the IV and 2C+ acuratelly without that feature.

I KNOW that this mustve been said a thousand times and that a lot of you might have grown tired of hearing it, its just that i still dint find any answer for that anywhere and therefore wondered if any of you folks have had a conversation about that with mesa or a representative or any info.

Thanks!

Well with or without it at least it has won an award, right phyrexia? lol!!!

So stop asking about it!!! :| just kdg! sorry about the annoying question its just u cant help being curious especially when your sitting there waiting for your dream amp you start asking...

Thanks for the answer! if i talk to mesa (i dont live in the states - though i ordered from there - but i might call them cause i have other questions) then i will update you

Question for you guys... since I am somewhat concerned about this as well.

Do any of you guys run your drive and gain controls differently? For example, do you run the gain low and the drive high or vice versa? I have always run both of them on the mid to higher side: Gain 8, Drive 6, both pulled. Maybe that one knob on the Mark V will reproduce that function.

Mark Fore said:

Do any of you guys run your drive and gain controls differently? For example, do you run the gain low and the drive high or vice versa? I have always run both of them on the mid to higher side: Gain 8, Drive 6, both pulled. Maybe that one knob on the Mark V will reproduce that function.

On my MkII's, the higher settings of Volume 1 tend to thicken up the tone when the lead channel is activated, regardless of how much lead drive is used. This may be because of the Volume 1 control being pre-tone stack :?: .

JOEY B. said:
Mark Fore said:

On my MkII's, the higher settings of Volume 1 tend to thicken up the tone when the lead channel is activated, regardless of how much lead drive is used. This may be because of the Volume 1 control being pre-tone stack :?: .

+1

I'm not too worried; the only reason I keep the two at seperate levels with my Mark III is to keep the clean channel cleaner. Although there are some variations in timbre that can be achieved with mismatching the gain and drive, I don't think it's going to be a problem (I think the V is easily going to have more good sounds in it than a IV.)

Latest posts

Back