Mark V Info for Canadians

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theroan

Reaction score
So I called Long and Mcquade today and got the pricing on the Mark 5. The combos is $2750 and the I forget now but it's only $150 to $100 cheaper.

I did some calculations and this is what I came up with:

Long and McQuade
$2750CND x 13% (GST/PST) = $3107.00

Guitar Center
$2099USD x 8.7% (NY taxes) = 2281.61US
2281.61 x current exchange rate = 2843.14
x 8% Ontario taxes when going across the border
= $3070.59CND
Minus gas, no savings at all!!!

So unless our dollar goes up signifigantly this year, it's not even worth trying sneak it across the border. I read a business journal saying that our dollar may go up to .87 but that's still not enough to justify taking the chance. I've heard the fines can be up to $700, that and the whole ethics thing.

I hope I didn't burst any bubbles. Who knows, maybe long and mcquade will price match based on this.

Vilhelm J.S Bachstein said:
JimmyB said:
Pretty sure you'd also get hit with GST at the border!

The L&M price for the head is $2,625... ordered mine last Thursday. :mrgreen:
:cry: Thats it, no MarkV for me. :cry: Being a broke 14 year old kid sucks
I remember those days. Never mind kid, one time you will look around and say...how did I manage to get this ? Right now though, you have a lot more choice and quality than I ever did at your age.

Boogie Woogie Man said:
Vilhelm J.S Bachstein said:
JimmyB said:
Pretty sure you'd also get hit with GST at the border!

The L&M price for the head is $2,625... ordered mine last Thursday. :mrgreen:
:cry: Thats it, no MarkV for me. :cry: Being a broke 14 year old kid sucks
I remember those days. Never mind kid, one time you will look around and say...how did I manage to get this ? Right now though, you have a lot more choice and quality than I ever did at your age.
LOL, truth. I have nice stuff now, not sure why I REALLY need a V, perhaps its just gas :lol:

Latest posts

Back