Mark V in Red!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you follow Mesa Boogie on Twitter.

6 hours ago:
"Brad Gillis will be in today for a photo shoot with his awesome new rig! 2 Mark Vs, 2 Stiletto Straights, 2 Stiletto Slants. All in Red!"

Then 3 hours ago:

http://twitpic.com/byc17

I love the cabinets. The Mark V looks weird in red IMO.

Just thought I'd share.

He has had that red Strat for quite some time. The amps compliment it very well. This is MY favorite MESA/Boogie player (you could call me a fanboy, if I were not so old). :lol: :lol:

WOW i hate to say it......... what in the hell is he doing????? :shock: i had no idea he was still making music?? maybe touring playing nightranger songs from yesteryear. had no idea he was a boogie endorsee :?:

guitardom said:
WOW i hate to say it......... what in the hell is he doing????? :shock: i had no idea he was still making music?? maybe touring playing nightranger songs from yesteryear. had no idea he was a boogie endorsee :?:
Brad is a busy cat...you probably hear his stuff all the time....besides the Night Ranger stuff, he does a lot of studio work,esp. the ESPN stuff...whenever you hear soaring guitar on ESPN, its prob. Gillis..along with that, he has done stuff for Fox Sports, Monday Night Football, Tiger Woods golf video game, etc...as many here remember, "Speak of the Devil" was one of the first times we heard a Mk amp in a metal context..BG has quite a collection of vintage Boogie gear, so he is sort of the Santana for all of us children of the early 80's rock/metal genre
:)

lesterpaul said:
guitardom said:
Brad is a busy cat...you probably hear his stuff all the time....besides the Night Ranger stuff, he does a lot of studio work,esp. the ESPN stuff...whenever you hear soaring guitar on ESPN, its prob. Gillis..along with that, he has done stuff for Fox Sports, Monday Night Football, Tiger Woods golf video game, etc...as many here remember, "Speak of the Devil" was one of the first times we heard a Mk amp in a metal context..BG has quite a collection of vintage Boogie gear, so he is sort of the Santana for all of us children of the early 80's rock/metal genre
:)

of course i was a huge ozzy fan and of course know that story and the nightranger stuff, but other than that i had no idea. but on the flip side, i do not watch sports and could not care less and still dont have cable. who has time to watch t.v. and video games?? :wink: so no i havent heard any newer stuff :lol:
and i must say, thats an awful big rig for video game music!! :mrgreen: actually never knew he was so into boogie. i did setup/ sound for them back in the late 90's, but was a hectic show w many bands and brad was an *** to say the least, so never really paid much attention to what he was playing.

He was on the cover of Vintage Guitar magazine about six months ago and it had some great gear information on him.

I'm sure it goes against all things 'Mark' but I wouldn't mind having a Mark V in the form factor of a Roadster style head. It's looks plexi-like and I dig it. I also like the symmetry of the Roadster head with the Mesa Engineering badge in the middle. Matches the cab that way too.

20077675-6fc516717310da5de39d5aed2f8c1a79.4a7ee960-full.jpg

jetdriver said:
I'm sure it goes against all things 'Mark' but I wouldn't mind having a Mark V in the form factor of a Roadster style head. It's looks plexi-like and I dig it. I also like the symmetry of the Roadster head with the Mesa Engineering badge in the middle. Matches the cab that way too.

Excuse the horrible photo-chop. But kinda like this...

MarkVRoadster.jpg

jetdriver said:

+1 for a Mesa fan that appreciates matching badges. Some folks don't understand this line of thinking. Aesthetics count to some degree in my book. Good on ya brutha!

Latest posts

Back