Mark V headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
Would pine be a good wood to use to build a headshell for a Mark V? I have a lead on a combo and and would like to convert it to a head. If pine is a no go, then what is a better wood, that isn't either overly heavy or expensive. I figure I could always use non void ply, but I would have to cover it, which I prefer not to do.

Not really an answer but considering the head conversion myself.Mesa quoted me $344.00 for the shell I think.Surely someone out there would trade flat out but I havent found em myself.Until then(if at all)the combo will be fine with me hehe.Actually got more than a couple guys in my area responding to my craiglist advert-saying they would be glad to trade a mark iv for it.Rofl..no thanks.

Cornford build all their speaker cabs from pine for tone reasons. I use one and it's great. So pine would be strong enough. If you are a 100% committed, then you could just cut down your combo shell.

it's just a headshell you could go ant ply you wish

Back