Mark V Head Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is one for Danyeo1, Hope you enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3YEOTFDu8

I'm not really a metal player, but in this amp lives a monster!!!
I hope to have up my full walkthrough soon, the cleans and channel two is just amazing!!

Please keep in mind most of the settings I have come up with are from me playing this thing live in a band setting and mix, That's where this thing really kicks ***!! Sometimes what sounds best by it self doesn't always translate well to a mix.

Cheers!!

Sounds killer. Nice old school thrash metal tone.

What kind of guitar and pickups did you use on these clips?

It sounds like you're tuned to C... Have you got any standard tuned guitars to try with it?

clintalan said:

I hope to have up my full walkthrough soon, the cleans and channel two is just amazing!!

Please keep in mind most of the settings I have come up with are from me playing this thing live in a band setting and mix, That's where this thing really kicks ***!! Sometimes what sounds best by it self doesn't always translate well to a mix.

Cheers!!

Now that is the metal vid I was looking for! Ok there are no doubts in my head anymore, this head is metal enough for me.

Thanks again.

clintalan said:

Cheers!!

lol not a metal player. Sure are tearing it up. Thanks for taking the time bro, sounds awesome.

clintalan said:

Cheers!!

God **** I'm gonna have a stroke if I don't have my head soon.

Yes the guitar is tuned to C standard. I was just the one that was in reach and it was brutal, this was recorded at whisper volume.
It sounds even better when the cab is pushed and allowed to breathe.

The guitar is a RGA 121 with Evo's in it.

clintalan said:

Cheers!!

Thanks. Sounds cool. I'm really not sure that it sounds like a IIC+, but sounds good on it's own.

clintalan said:
Yes the guitar is tuned to C standard. I was just the one that was in reach and it was brutal, this was recorded at whisper volume.

Please grab a guitar tuned to E standard and push the cab to let it breathe. Then post that recording. :D Any de-tuning from this will make the guitar/amp combination sound "heavier" than it really is. :?

clintalan said:

I know you have a lot of requests, but could you possibly do some clips in 45 and 10watt? I think you might get higher gain and a better sound at low volumes when you push your tubes a bit. 90watt is really gig mode and 45 and 10 are 'home studio' and 'home when someones asleep at 2am' modes.

Azrehan said:
clintalan said:

I know you have a lot of requests, but could you possibly do some clips in 45 and 10watt? I think you might get higher gain and a better sound at low volumes when you push your tubes a bit. 90watt is really gig mode and 45 and 10 are 'home studio' and 'home when someones asleep at 2am' modes.

Have you ever heard a Lonestar "cranked" on the 10 watt setting? Nobody can sleep through that. :shock: In theory, it is exactly 50% of the volume as 100 watts.

JOEY B. said:
Azrehan said:
clintalan said:

Have you ever heard a Lonestar "cranked" on the 10 watt setting? Nobody can sleep through that. :shock: In theory, it is exactly 50% of the volume as 100 watts.

I guess it depends on the size of the house you are in. Even at 3 the amp should drive harder in 10 or 45 watt and get more gain at low volumes, so might be better for hearing the character of the amp. Note the emphasis on the word "might". Just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back