Mark V Head Clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintalan

Reaction score
Here are some Clips of Channel 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmD6on4wo_A
Will post many more tonight, of course these will be much better.

Cheers!

Clint

<---- so jealous.

Ordered during NAMM -- dealer said he hasn't heard anything from Mesa about the heads (he got combos last week) and is guessing June :(

Let me know what you guys would like to hear and I will record and post.

I will be posting a full walkthrough of the amp later this evening.

Clint

Dude! Thank you so much for posting that vid! Not only did I get to hear some metal through the MkV... but I got to see what it'll look like sitting on top of my recto vertical 2x12, and what it can sound like with my own CU24!!

... now if only I could play like you :(

Looking forward to the full walk through. Thanks again!

The Heads are not out just yet.... but very soon.

I'm in the Bright mode Pentode setting, which is very awesome in the Mk II mode, since the original IIC could only operate in Triode.
Full power 90 watts.

clintalan said:
The Heads are not out just yet.... but very soon.

I'm in the Bright mode Pentode setting, which is very awesome in the Mk II mode, since the original IIC could only operate in Triode.
Full power 90 watts.
how did you get your head ..??we are dyin' to know!
also, a IIC simul ...isnt class A triode, and A/B pentode?
welcome to board

I'm not a super techie guy, But I believe Pentode and triode have to do with how the electrons break up inside of the tube, due to voltage the tube is seeing. Does not have to do with class A or A/B, because in the Road King you can choose to run the EL34's in triode or pentode mode. And the King is A/B wired amp.

Don't fry me if I am wrong.

Clint

Try these settings if you can with the IIC+ mode.

Gain. Around 8

Treble. All the way UP.

Mid. 1 or 2

Bass. 1 or 2

Presence. Around 2

TRIODE.

V curve with the EQ. Use the Graphic EQ to shape your overall tone, don't use the knobs. All the treble does past 7 is add gain anyway.

Master and wattage to taste, whatever sounds best in your room.

clintalan said:
I'm not a super techie guy, But I believe Pentode and triode have to do with how the electrons break up inside of the tube, due to voltage the tube is seeing. Does not have to do with class A or A/B, because in the Road King you can choose to run the EL34's in triode or pentode mode. And the King is A/B wired amp.

Don't fry me if I am wrong.

Clint

Pentode and triode refer to how the power tube socket is wired. The Simulclass C+ has the inner pair of tubes wired in pentode and the outer pair wired in triode. The MkIV allows the outer pair to be switched from pentode to triode, which I think is the same as the MkV 90 watt mode.
:D

Clint, thank you for taking the time to share the vid with us!

So, how do you like the head ?

Honestly, is it as good as you expected for metal?

This is the best metal demonstration so far IMO...

Wow! Now thats what I,m takin bout! This outta put to rest much of the nay sayin about this amps metal capablities! Thanks alot.

And come on now......WHERE/HOW,D YOU GET IT?!

And also, if you would. The fabled liquid lead, neck pickup solo tone, any mode. Much appreciated!

This is great to hear. I'm looking forward to my head coming in. I can hear the potential here.

Latest posts

Back