Mark V - First photo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnorange

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

I have just found this thread on another forum, Huge Racks Inc.

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52653&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

On the second page, look to the last post on the bottom of the page, by guitartech72 (disregard the comic photos). That's what is claimed to be a photo of the new Mesa Boogie Mark V. I do not know more that what is in the thread, so if you want more details read the thread.

Best regards,
JO

PS: BTW, Huge Racks Inc is a great resource for building guitar rigs.

To my knowledge, guitartech72 is an experienced guitar technician who works with Petrucci. Also, I have been reading on HRI for a while now, and to me this guy appears to know what he is talking about in terms of guitars/rig building. I would be surprised to hear he mistaken a Nomad for a new and previously unreleased Mesa amp. :D

IMHO, this appears to be the most credible picture of this new amp Mesa is developing.

Nonetheless, maybe Mesa will clarify this in the months to come.

Best regards,
JO

I agree with the above post i guess petrucci liked the sound of the nomad with a talkbox so thats why he used it for .....but hey im just going off of what ive seen around in forums. Nonthless i hope its the mark V! Wondering how much it will cost...I might have to sell my girlfriend to a columbian drug lord for cash....I guess worth its to get rid some of the GAS! LOL

Four pages of posts in a long running thread here, with all those details already discussed:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31000

:wink:

Indeed, you are right, Silverwulf. I posted this from my Blackberry so I was not aware of the previous discussion.

I guess the mod can delete this tread.

Best regards,
JO

Sebby123 said:
I agree with the above post i guess petrucci liked the sound of the nomad with a talkbox so thats why he used it for .....but hey im just going off of what ive seen around in forums. Nonthless i hope its the mark V! Wondering how much it will cost...I might have to sell my girlfriend to a columbian drug lord for cash....I guess worth its to get rid some of the GAS! LOL

I'm not a Colombian drug lord but I do have cash and I don't have Mark V GAS... how cute is your girlfriend?

The photo in question here almost makes me a believer. If you look carefully on the front panel, you can make out the number "5" below the power switches. This is consistent with the photo on the poster that had Randall Smith working on what looked like a "Mark 5" (visible on the back of the chassis). I think this one is legit, of course anything is possible in the photoshop age.

I just played through a Mark V (see my recent post for a quick review), and the one it that picture is indeed the Mark V! You can see the 3 sections for each channel. Also, the small knobs to the right of the Graphic EQ is the "Contour" control, which you can substitute for the graphic EQ (although I don't think they call it contour)

By the way, on the front, the the label below the power switches uses both has Mark 5, and also has a "V" there. So they are using both the "5" and "V" symbols.

You can all believe now! I played through it. It is real! It sounded awesome! I have already started saving for one... :wink:

this post from JPs tech over at HRI made my insides tingle and my credit card weep....

steve10358 wrote:
J... That's a great description. Last Q: Did you consider the C+ mode to be accurate?

If you ever get a chance to... try your strat into a C+. It's something not a lot of people do... which is a shame cause it's almost magical.

guitartech72 wrote:
JP thought it was, and he's got way more experience with those things than I do.

Oh man keep Roadster and be in envy? Sell Roadster and buy Mark V? Keep Roadster and buy Mark V? Oh well i'll just have to wait and see... man my house is never gonna get built :evil:

Latest posts

Back