mark v dims and cab shots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
this is from my combo, which i'm converting to a head from a 3rd party builder. he quote me $335+ship for a walnut cab w/ grille done by him. i sent him the link to the countryseat.com and told him about how the wicker is pretty much the exact pattern mesa uses.

i did all the picture taking last night after figuring out how to disassemble the amp. there's more to it, but i'm at work now, so i will upload a couple more later.

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy321/mejoshee/mark%20v%20chassis/

i intend to post pics of the chassis guts soon, but the ones i took last night are a little more zoomed out. i also got the part numbers of all the transformers.

one thing of interest is that the pt is "stilted" up from a little shelf right under it. you can see the shelf in the album, but i didn't post a pic with the chassis in the cab. very interesting. it needs a wrench to loosen it cause it's basically holding the chassis in place. :eek:

this is mostly just for your information, but you can probably use it to build a cab. i'm interested to see what other people think about this amp in terms of its construction. :wink:

Just a quick comment. If you want an exact (or very close) replicate of the original head dimensions you need to know that the reverb tank is actually installed in a big hole on the bottom piece of wood and you can see it between the rubber feet. There must be a space limitation reason for this. If you go for a taller head then I guess it would make it easier to swap tubes.

LPJunky said:
Just a quick comment. If you want an exact (or very close) replicate of the original head dimensions you need to know that the reverb tank is actually installed in a big hole on the bottom piece of wood and you can see it between the rubber feet. There must be a space limitation reason for this. If you go for a taller head then I guess it would make it easier to swap tubes.

yeah, aware of that. i found a listing of a head on ebay with really good pics (i guess i could've asked here). the builder is aware of mesa's weird nuances like this reverb cutout, the head cab front panel cutouts to the preamp tubes, etc. either that or i made him aware of them. the pt stilt is a new one for sure. :shock:

here's some of the gut shots i promised:

markvgutsleft.jpg

markvgutsright.jpg

markvbiasregulatorboard.jpg

i threw this one in here. randall smith has a sense of humor. :lol:
markv009.jpg

take a look @ the special shield for v1:
v1specialshield.jpg

choke:
chokeprettysure.jpg

reverb transformer:
reverbtransprettysure.jpg

pt part #
ptpart.jpg

this was the "stilt" i was talking about under the pt in the combo cabinet:
ptstilt.jpg

ot part #:
otpart.jpg

there will probably be more if people wanna see this kind of stuff once i swap from combo to headshell.

by the way, does anyone care and/or wish to see the bass cap referred to in the manual? i'm pretty sure i found it.

markiv009-1.jpg

see the orange cap? .22u, according to label and like schematic. underneath on the board i saw it was indeed c99. right next to it is the electrolytic, which i made out to be 10u. i can't really, really tell if it's c49, but it's right next to c99, as it should be and it then goes on to connect to q4, which is the transistor for that part of the geq circuit, so i'm pretty sure those are the two in question.

oh, and the black thingies are the inductors for the geq. interesting though that it's not on the geq board that sits in the front panel. the mark iv has it, below. if layout/lead dress is good, then that shouldn't matter.

IMG_4880.jpg

cheers! :D

Latest posts

Back