Mark V Compared to Triaxis 2:90 Tell me what you think

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbone

Reaction score
My current rig is a Triaxis / 2:90 power amp / TC G-force processor/ Rocktron All Access Midi floor board/ Mesa 4x12 Recto Cab which I've had for years and its a great rig.
Other Boogies I've owned in the past are the DC-5 and a Tremoverb.

Recently I have contracted a real bad case of Mark V GAS. I understand its going around : )
So could you please talk me down or push me over.
I have no intentions of selling my Triaxis Rig so its not selling one to get another.
Would you have both at the same time? why or why not?
I fully realize that I would be limited to 3 channels and solo boost and no Midi
Does the Mark V really bring enough to the tone to the table to make it worth it.
I know this is subjective but just tell me what you think.
If you currently have both I would really like to hear what you have to say
Thanks

Is there a Boogie dealer near you where you could demo the Mark V ? It is an amazing tone machine . Did an outdoor show today with it on a 4X12 cab . Its a huge sound .

I cannot comment on the 2:90. I have never used one.

I can tell you that the reason I'm so happy with my Mark V is the versatility. I can get great cleans, great blues, great rock, and great metal tones all in the same easy to use and feature rich head.

I owned a Triaxis, 290, gforce.

I bought the mark V

I sold the Triaxis and 290

kept the gforce.

havent sold the mark V

glad to be rid of that f-in noisy triaxis rig.

"Is there a Boogie dealer near you where you could demo the Mark V ? It is an amazing tone machine . Did an outdoor show today with it on a 4X12 cab . Its a huge sound ."

Yeah I will likely drag my lefty carvin DC400 guitar down to a shop and take one for a spin sometime soon. I kinda have been avoiding it, but my fingers keep finding you tube clips so I will have.
to satisfy their curiosity sooner or later.

Mightywarlock could you please elaborate a little further about your experience since you had both at the same time and had a chance to AB them against each other.
You obviously liked the Mark V better but what about it made you like it more?

Latest posts

Back