Mark V Combo Amp Issues Need Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATR1

Reaction score
Ok, My combo is about 3 weeks old. Last week set up to play gig turned on stand by switch and could not get any sound to come out of amp? All tubes were firing unplugged everything except guitar direct into amp hard by pass still nothing. Test guitar and cord with other guitarist amp worked great? After going home later I checked preamp tubes all looked good fired up amp and worked fine that was a week ago. Last night I fire up amp at practice and amp makes some noise and I get volume swelling loud then soft after fiddling around turning amp off and on switching direct to loop and changing wattage finally got amp to play for about 2 hrs. I have a monster power conditioner that typically reads .05 amps current draw when amp is on at gig it was staying at 1.0 amps current draw after moved to different outlets the same. I am thinking maybe I have bad tubes? Need some help.. Also I have noticed that my tuner outlet on back of amp is located below slave the manual has it located above slave not sure what that means but tuner does not work very good I have to plug guitar straight into tuner to tune up? Not sure what that is about..

Thx :cry:

Check your mute button on amp and footswitch. does the mute switch light up? Try the amp without the FS. try plugging the speaker in a differant outlet. check your speaker connections.

Just replaced all (7) pre amp tubes now letting amp power on for hours hoping if there are any other problem I can work them out now. My amp draw is running at 1A and drops to .05 on standby. I did notice that when I plugged in footswitch in back of amp it started to make switching sounds real fast at the manual switch location? Now I am worried.. May have bad cord to.. I still get poping from 3 to 1 switching both foot and manual with all channels set exactly the same? Again some of you say you don't get any popping. Now I am starting to think I have a lemon. I really do love this amp I may just ship it back to have them do a complete check. Its born on Date is 08/12/10 signed by RM. I am not looking forward to packing and shipping this bad boy....... :(

Ok. Play with band after changing all (7) preamp tubes no problems. It seems that the tubes where bad.. so far....

When you power up the amp you will notice that all 3 channel leds on the FS will light up. and somtimes a clicking noise will occur. just select a channel and that anomalie will go away.

Back