Mark V channel switching with g-major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phazer

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just bought a brand new Mark V head, after having sold my mark 4.
I use a tc electronics g-major, and I have a y-split cable.
I'd like to know if I could damage the amp if I were to switch channels using the relay on the g major.
I tried setting the amp to channel 1 on the rear pannell, and then I assigned which relay to close on each patch, and it worked fine, but I want to be sure that I won't damage the amp.
Thanks!

Phazer said:
Hi guys!
I just bought a brand new Mark V head, after having sold my mark 4.
I use a tc electronics g-major, and I have a y-split cable.
I'd like to know if I could damage the amp if I were to switch channels using the relay on the g major.
I tried setting the amp to channel 1 on the rear pannell, and then I assigned which relay to close on each patch, and it worked fine, but I want to be sure that I won't damage the amp.
Thanks!

Assuming the relay switching on the G Major works the same as the G System & I'm 99% sure it does you should be fine. :)

Several G System users are using the TRS switching relay jacks on the G system to do this on the Mark V.

Yes the g major uses trs output.
But i hear lots of people saying that using y split cable to switch channels is not good for mesa amps

I use the RJM Mini Amp gizmo that's what I use to switch channels with my TC g sys and mark v. it works via midi. I've heard that about damaging the relays on the mesa amps. At least if you use the amp gizmo you don't have to worry about damaging anything.

Phazer said:
Yes the g major uses trs output.
But i hear lots of people saying that using y split cable to switch channels is not good for mesa amps

That is specific to certain Mesa Amps but I am pretty sure that the Mark V is not one of them.
Do some research on the TC forums & you should get some help there if you are still concerned.

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/forum/5/gmajor/

The G Major will work fine since it's switching relay contacts, theres no common or anything between the two devices. Its electrically isolated from whatever signal comes from the Mark V, then it goes back to the Mark V when the contacts close, thats it.

Latest posts

Back