Mark V channel 2 settings I found

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjs1962

Reaction score
I've been gigging my Mark V for about a year and a half now. I didn't have much trouble getting a good clean on channel 1, and a good lead tone on channel 3, but up until recently I never quite found what I wanted in channel 2.

Part of the problem was I wanted to use channel 2 a little differently from the way most folks probably do, which is just for a crunch rhythm sound. Instead I was looking for the kind of sound I used to get from single channel amps, where you can ride the guitar volume to go from clean to crunchy, and hit it with pedals for everything else.

After really getting to know the amp I've come up with setting for channel 2 that I really like. These are a little off from the norm, so I thought I'd post them and see what other Mark V owners thought. For reference I'm running through a 112 Royal Atlantic cab with a C90. Try these settings and see what you think!

All of these are o'clock settings:
gain: 2
volume: 9:30
treble: 9:30
mid: 2
bass: 10
presence: 1
mode: Edge
power: 90 watt
master: to taste
graphic: off

Use the guitar volume control to go from fairly clean to a nice low gain solo tone. Of course the level of gain will depend on your pickups, but these settings seem to work well for me with everything from a Strat to a PRS Custom.

Thanks for these settings fjs1962. They work perfectly for me to produce a good sound for my CS strat.
There is probably a sound difference when I use a 2x12 "Rectifier Standard Slant Cabinet - Vertical with V30 speakers. :)

Initially i started with crunch on channel 2. Its kind of the basic good sounding channel. But edge has something really interesting and fun in it. So now i use it in channel 2 and extreme for 3.

bdubbs said:
Initially i started with crunch on channel 2. Its kind of the basic good sounding channel. But edge has something really interesting and fun in it. So now i use it in channel 2 and extreme for 3.

Gotta try Edge and turn those mids up as you suggest ... currently using Crunch only, which i think is excellent for both hums and single coils

Latest posts

Back