Mark V Back Panel....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklang

Reaction score
Hey everyone i just bought my mark V head yesterday and just got it home for the first time to enjoy playing it. But while i was playing i noticed that not all the tubes where lit up and the the tube farthest to the left or closest to the channel switching knob is barely lit at all and was wondering if this is how it is supposed to be. If possible could some of you post pictures of your back panel when your amp is turned on and your tubes are warmed up?

the one thats furthest away from the input which is the rect tube. Mines hardly lit up, as long as its not blue or a bright red colour you should be good to go

That's your rectifier tube. It changes the AC current coming from the wall into the DC current used by the amp. I think they mention this spmewhere in the owner's manual (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
It's virtually impossible, by the way, to tell anything from how the tubes appear to "light up". All tubes, even the same brand and type, exhibit differences in their apparent illumination, and it's nothing to get overly anxious about. :D

MrMarkIII said:
That's your rectifier tube. It changes the AC current coming from the wall into the DC current used by the amp. I think they mention this spmewhere in the owner's manual (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).
It's virtually impossible, by the way, to tell anything from how the tubes appear to "light up". All tubes, even the same brand and type, exhibit differences in their apparent illumination, and it's nothing to get overly anxious about. :D

+1

nicklang said:
Hey everyone i just bought my mark V head yesterday and just got it home for the first time to enjoy playing it. But while i was playing i noticed that not all the tubes where lit up and the the tube farthest to the left or closest to the channel switching knob is barely lit at all and was wondering if this is how it is supposed to be. If possible could some of you post pictures of your back panel when your amp is turned on and your tubes are warmed up?

Read your manual! You will find a ton of invaluable information in that thing.

thanks a lot everyone all your comments are very much appreciated and have helped settle me down a bit . my mesa didn't come with a manual or wheels so they are sending me one in the mail but as soon as i get it i will definitely give it a good read through thanks again!

nicklang said:
thanks a lot everyone all your comments are very much appreciated and have helped settle me down a bit . my mesa didn't come with a manual or wheels so they are sending me one in the mail but as soon as i get it i will definitely give it a good read through thanks again!
you can download the manual fron the mesa site
http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/MkV_090813.pdf

Latest posts

Back