mark V and vendors..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
apparently..and this is fact. Guitar center will not be carrying the Mark V. The amp is only available through special order as of now. I have heard that it is because of overflow of how many people are going over vendors heads and placing orders through mesa boogie themselves. Does anyone else here work at any music stores? if so, what is the policy that you have been told by mesa? thanks..this leaves me bummed, as I was waiting everyday for one to come through the door off the truck so I could put it asside for my band.

Stonge said:
apparently..and this is fact. Guitar center will not be carrying the Mark V. The amp is only available through special order as of now. I have heard that it is because of overflow of how many people are going over vendors heads and placing orders through mesa boogie themselves. Does anyone else here work at any music stores? if so, what is the policy that you have been told by mesa? thanks..this leaves me bummed, as I was waiting everyday for one to come through the door off the truck so I could put it asside for my band.

Hmmm... thats weird. Is there even a way to order a boogie direct from them? I'm pretty sure you can't. I dont know where your getting your information from but it could be only certain GCs will stock them, just like only certain GCs stock Mesas in general. I'll ask my buddy at GC if they're expecting one... he's one of the managers there so if anyone knows he will.

i don't think it's just a mark V thing. only a couple mesa models are sent out to GC's without special order, mainly rectos and stuff like that. i had to special order my mark IV, and i had to twist their arm to meet me halfway with the payment (they wanted me to pay the $2000 before they ordered it).

so yeah, you should be able to get any mesa retailer to order one for you, because mesa doesn't sell direct.

I was told the same thing when I asked a few of the GC around here.
I am thinking this is just at first. After a bit when the pre order are sold you well see them around, just not right away. :mrgreen:

i am from GC detroit and the Mark V can be ordered through any GC as a special order only. We will just not have a "demo/store stock" model on the floor. I am not sure how long this will be in affect, however I assume that it will stay that way. We are one of the bigger stores so if that is the policy we have, I would assume that is how it will be across the country; with an exception of GC hollywood I'm sure. I am going to contact another store in our district that might be considered a higher end store (in terms of high traffic pro audio is concerned). Believe me I am really bummed about this. Ya know working here gives me the opportunity to buy the MarkV immediately; also knowing I will be the first person opening the box - I might as well be buying it from Mesa themselves lol. I will keep everyone informed as far as GC goes, as I am as anxious as the next guy/girl.

I'm getting the same story from my buddy who's the manager over here at the east brunswick store. They usually have one of each in the current line, but it seems the Mark V will be an exception. I have a feeling it has to do with GCs financially state, and the fact they're not looking to stock most stores unless they have a reputation of moving a lot of the high end gear. Hopefully Rudy's, Manny's or Russos will have one (at least thats good for the NY/NJ area).

this must just be a guitar center thing. this is not the case for all mesa dealers. We will have a V for store stock, once the preorders are filled. We've taken money for three or four of them already.

the GC here doesn't have Mesa (we do) and the market here is not so big that there are many boutique brands in town, so I am not ever familiar with GC carrying nice stuff. They have gibson, prs, but ampwise, egnater and the bogner alchemist are the most exotic amps they carry.

I was at GC last night and talking to my buddy and he said his store was allowed to order a few. They push out a lot of Mesa so that could be the reason, but i dont know if its a change in GCs policy or what. The only thing that sucks is they wont get theres until April because they waited so long to order them.

I was under the impression that any authorized Mesa dealer is required to stock certain pieces (recto, roadking, roadster, stiletto, express, lonestar), but was not required to STOCK the mark series, rack pres or poweramps. I believe the Mark 5 is now a required stock piece (well, as soon as it is released....). Can any one verify this?

Laskyman

itsjonduhh said:
so yeah, you should be able to get any mesa retailer to order one for you, because mesa doesn't sell direct.

Not true anymore. Since Monday February 16th, you can order the Mark V and cabinets direct from Mesa Engineering in Petaluma (707 778-6565, I guess).
You have 5 days to send it back if you don't like it and you need to send it back in the original package. I guess they mentioned a 10% restocking fee.

Laskyman said:
I was under the impression that any authorized Mesa dealer is required to stock certain pieces (recto, roadking, roadster, stiletto, express, lonestar), but was not required to STOCK the mark series, rack pres or poweramps. I believe the Mark 5 is now a required stock piece (well, as soon as it is released....). Can any one verify this?

Laskyman

I'm pretty sure that required list is dynamic. But to your point all their new releases hit that list, and i wouldnt think the mark v would be an exception.

GC in San Francisco has never carried a Mark head or combo for that matter that I've seen there so it's easy to believe that they will not get the Mark V. Too HIGH of a demand. But, like some of you have said, and like a guy at my local SF GC has alleged about Mark IV's in the past, that maybe they'll order just a couple at their own discretion. And for the record also, I think GC does deal with Mesa but sort-of just coinciding info about a buyer, not completely direct.

Latest posts

Back