Mark V and Effects Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluewave

Reaction score
I just ordered a new Mark V Combo - and I was wondering if anyone is using any effects pedals with theirs. I ordered only two pedals so far, a DigiTech Delay DL 8 Hardwire, and a Vox Wah...I figured I'll have plenty of tone and distortion from the amp so my effects needs would be minimal. I was thinking of adding a chorus, tremolo and phaser...

Any suggestions or comments welcome...especially the order in which to put them..

Aloha from Hawaii...

bluewave

The biggest thing I've found is to use line level effects in the effects loop. Most pedals are designed to run at -10dB (instrument level) and work well when being fed the signal off your guitar... however they have a hard time handling the +4dB (line) levels present in your effects loop, which adds dullness, compression, loss of volume or even distortion as the effects fail to process the entire signal.

Myself, all I use is wah and delay. I'm currently using an Eventide Time Factor in the loop and it's worked excellently. It also doubles as a chorus if you use the modulated delay with a delay time of zero.

I believe that the Lexicon and TC Delay pedals are both line level, as is the Boss DD-20.

screamingdaisy said:
The biggest thing I've found is to use line level effects in the effects loop. Most pedals are designed to run at -10dB (instrument level) and work well when being fed the signal off your guitar... however they have a hard time handling the +4dB (line) levels present in your effects loop, which adds dullness, compression, loss of volume or even distortion as the effects fail to process the entire signal.

Myself, all I use is wah and delay. I'm currently using an Eventide Time Factor in the loop and it's worked excellently. It also doubles as a chorus if you use the modulated delay with a delay time of zero.

I believe that the Lexicon and TC Delay pedals are both line level, as is the Boss DD-20.

Great minds think alike... ;-).. Everything I've read about Eventide says they are the top quality. I don't need all that comes with the G Major 2, so I decided to keep it simple and picked up an Eventide Mod Factor return the DD8 Hardwire and get the Eventide Time Factor.

Any recommendations for a smaller footprint controllers to replace the MarkV footswitches?

bluewave

MarkV
Fender Twin
1990 PRS Limited Edition #40 of 300
Fender Tele 50's Reissue with Mods
Les Paul Goldtop
Fender Strat

bluewave said:
Great minds think alike... ;-).. Everything I've read about Eventide says they are the top quality. I don't need all that comes with the G Major 2, so I decided to keep it simple and picked up an Eventide Mod Factor return the DD8 Hardwire and get the Eventide Time Factor.

Any recommendations for a smaller footprint controllers to replace the MarkV footswitches?

You'd have to have a custom footswitch made with everything in tighter and/or options you don't use deleted.

Or, if you want to take it a step further you can get something like an Amp Gizmo. The Amp Gizmo in combination with a midi controller will let you control both your amp and those two Eventide effects via one foot controller.

http://www.rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php

Latest posts

Back