Mark V 25 Output/Power Transformer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvendlor

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the power transformer used in the mark v 25? The number printed on it perhaps?

I'm buying one from the US and want to get a replacement to make it 230v but the transformer supplier(tube amp doctor, germany) needs to know the number. Is it the same transformer as used in another mesa product

Why are you going to all that effort by doing that ? By the time you get one in the country pay the import tax and change the transformer you'll probably be spending 20% more than just buying a new one there.

Probably depends on the country. But if you were really concerned about how much money Mesa's cost. Buy Used. More often then not the price you pay used will hold for the foreseeable future. So you can sell and get all your money back.

But one thing in the used market is that NO ONE wants a imported model that you have to use a step down transformer to use. They are incredibly hard to sell, and usually go for peanuts compared to a proper local bought amp.

The full mark V is considerably more than the 25. I cannot see much savings to be made, and any savings made will be lost later on if you sell.

I bite the bullet and paid the huge price tag for my 25 in Australia. It had just come out and I was one of the first in Australia to have one. So there were no used models to buy, but now I am happy that I saved up my (at the time) parttime wage and was able to buy something really nice for myself which I enjoy everyday.

Latest posts

Back