Mark V 25 fx loop help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoop481

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum and a new Mesa Boogie user.

Im totally happy with my new purchase and loving the tones however I have an axe fx 2 that I would like to use for effects only.

I initially hooked up my axe fx 2 using the 4 cable method and every effect I switched on before the fx loop block (front of the amp) came through, however if I put any effects after the block didnt.

I then tried hooking the axe fx up using 2 cables just using the FX loop but none of the effects came through.

Im running the head using the DI cabclone into a soundcard, does this effect the effects loop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have sent an email to support but thought I would ask here as well in case someone else has had a similar issue and resolved it easily.

Thanks

I would check your cable connections to be sure you have the signal flow in the appropriate path. The CabClone is after the power section and in no way affects the FX loop. Thanks

I've ran my Boss FX unit in the loop and in 4CM on my Mark V:25 and it worked swell.
Like Boogie said, I'd check your cables and routing.

I checked my routing as suggested and routing was all good, the problem lies with my choice of cable. I used the balanced cables from my soundcard/monitors and it seems this didn't like the outputs on the axe as when I put a speaker cable from the axe to the return on the head I got the effects coming through.

Thanks for the advice it made me question the simpler things (cables) more and I got the desired result back to enjoying this wonderful amp thanks again.

Back