Mark series reverb tank placement in heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ketiov

Reaction score
I'm thinking of turning my Mark IV combo into a head to match the thiele I made.

How is the reverb tank placed in typical mark series heads? I took a look on eBay, but didn't see anything that answered my question.

Thanks for any help, and possibly pictures!

Open side up with a metal cover over the opening. Mounts with 4 srews and rubber grommets. The grommets help to lift the tank a little so it doesn't sit too low under the head cab as well as isolate the tank a little? There are fasteners under the cab that press in to the wood that the screws screw into. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the fasteners. However, I'm sure Mesa/Boogie remembers :) .

What kind of fan is that? That looks different than the ones I have. Also, that's cool you use a metal plate instead of foil at the top, inside of the head cab.

The way the reverb tank is mounted on my Mark IV is the one thing I don't like about it. With the tank hanging through the bottom as it does it won't sit flat on top of a speaker cab that has the handle mounted on top, such as the Thiele cabs. It makes it necessary to put something under the feet of the amp to jack it up high enough so it doesn't rock on the handle of the speaker cab which also vibrates the reverb tank.

Mine clears my Recto cab's handle. Maybe add a grommet to to the screws to add a little more clearance?

Thanks for the pictures gts! Just one question, do you need to take out the chassis to change tubes or no? Not that it matters much, but I'm curious.

Latest posts

Back