Mark Series Preamp...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Effects Send. Your Volume 1 (I think) and Lead Master then become the output level controls for each channel. Or the Pre-amp out/power amp in jack underneath the chassis (if it's a MkII).

Ah ok, I have a Mark IIC+ Colisuem, and I saw the preamp out jack on the inside but I never attempted that for fear of blowing something up. Now if I run the preamp out to the poweramp in, do I still need a load plugged in the speaker out on the actual head? Thanks for the reply!

Greenevil said:
Ah ok, I have a Mark IIC+ Colisuem, and I saw the preamp out jack on the inside but I never attempted that for fear of blowing something up. Now if I run the preamp out to the poweramp in, do I still need a load plugged in the speaker out on the actual head? Thanks for the reply!

Hell yes to the speaker load question, And I almost outbid you on that auction, FWIW. :lol:

Ha thanks again for the answer! Yeah, we were head to head huh, sorry you lost but man I am glad that I won! haha The head is KILLER!!

Greenevil said:
Ha thanks again for the answer! Yeah, we were head to head huh, sorry you lost but man I am glad that I won! haha The head is KILLER!!

I'll just have to suffer through with my 150 watts of C+ Simulclass power in stereo. :twisted: :D The Coliseums are in a class of their own, and I know this man!!!!

haha man nothing beats the sound of a C+ simul, unfortunately my head isn't simulclass but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. Not sure if it's worth modding the head to simul status though...

Greenevil said:
haha man nothing beats the sound of a C+ simul, unfortunately my head isn't simulclass but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. Not sure if it's worth modding the head to simul status though...

I dont think Mesa has the Coliseum output transformer anymore. At best, it would have proved a storage problem as it is wider than a Yugo.

Boogiebabies said:
I dont think Mesa has the Coliseum output transformer anymore. At best, it would have proved a storage problem as it is wider than a Yugo.

They had the Simulclass Coliseum one when this amp was on ebay. I called and spoke to Mike about an upgrade while this amp was still on the auction block. My partner in crime bought a 180 watt C+ a few months later. He also has tricks up his sleeve. :D

I still need to do the simul upgrade. I know the purists out there will scoff at the idea of putting in *gasp* newer parts and taking a risk of tainting the orig. IIC(+) tone but hey, I want my simul-class dammit!

Greenevil said:

You don't need to have a load plugged in if you pull out the power tubes.

Latest posts

Back