Mark series 2x12 halfback cab owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless Rocks

Reaction score
I've just seen a 2x12 halfback with two additional ports on the top half. It was built with the upper baffle board installed. I've never seen one with these two additional ports. Does anyone else have one of these or was this a special order perhaps?

If it is the cab I think it is, I have never seen another one like it. It appears to be Mesa from all the exterior accoutrements. However, I have still yet to see Mesa use a round port much less two. Then, the upper portion of the cab would never be quite right as a sealed upper. As it is, sealed it is more like a pair of Thieles. With the back panel removed from the upper it would have to be rewired in order to use the upper portion at all. Then, the upper would be able to be used but it would still have the round port holes in the baffle. To me, it sounds more like an aftermarket modification of the cabinet or a nice clone job that was custom done to have the upper section ported. Again, I have never seen a Mesa guitar cabinet with round ports.

Hey Russ, perhaps your received the same PM as I did and I agree it looks like a Mesa but the top round ports look stock also. I guess it's possible someone used a 3'' hole saw and stapled some grill cloth inside ala mesa and did a nice looking job. I too have seen dozens of halfbacks but never with upper round ports.

Back