Mark IV with EL34 and EL84 YJ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who are interested, I've finally put my El34 back in the amp, now in position C. so now it's three 6l6 and one el34. I miss the long gone twin of the el34

EirikBrandal said:
For those who are interested, I've finally put my El34 back in the amp, now in position C. so now it's three 6l6 and one el34. I miss the long gone twin of the el34
You spent 3000 dollars on an amp and you won't even spend the time to put the tubes correctly? :?

EirikBrandal said:
to be frank, I can't hear ANY difference between two matched 6l6 and two unmatched.

Just so you know, matching power tubes isn't supposed to have a sound difference, it prevents your amp from ruining itself.

All the power tubes need to be within a narrow margin of power handling so that they do not stress the power supply or output transformer of your amp.By running unmatched tubes, you will definitely cause your amp to malfunction sooner or later.

wow! You crazy champ! Put those tubes in like they supposed to be before your amp splodes!!!

EirikBrandal said:
to be frank, I can't hear ANY difference between two matched 6l6 and two unmatched.
Good heavens.. :shock: Seriously man, pay heed to Paul's and Chris's words.

Latest posts

Back