• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark IV Widebody Combo - OUTSTANDING Condition

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenoBluzGtr

Reaction score
Contemplating selling my MK IV WB Combo.

I like it, but I am just going back to a simpler set up. I have fallen in love with the new '57 Tweed Twins from Fender and need to sell this to pay for one. I got the MKIV because I was tired of setting up pedals, but I can't get that Fender Clean out of my head.

I don't want to ship it, so if anyone within reasonable driving distance from Southern Maryland is interested. Let me know. I will drive a reasonable distance to meet someone to deliver it as well.

The amp is a Black tolex model. I am the original owner and I have had it less than a year (I believe it's a 2004 model, at worst a late 2003). I have only recently retubed it (5 12AX7s + a matched quad of 6L6s @ $160 plus tax) With the correct Boogie Tubes (new power tubes are the better MB 440s) so the warranty is intact. I also kept the old power tubes (MB 430s) and preamp tubes that I will include. There was nothing wrong with the tubes, I was just nearing the 1-Year mark and I always retube once a year on all my amps. My intention was to keep the old set as backups so they will become your backup set.

There are ZERO issues with the amp, save for a bit of unraveled stitching on the handle (MB sent me a complete new handle, I just haven't installed it yet, so that's also included).

It has been gigged, but it has also been babied. No scratches, no nicks, nothing broken or bent or anything. I gig in a Classic Rock/Country cover band that mics everything, so trust me when I tell you it has never even been opened up all the way. I have tried 4-5 on the master once or twice in my basement, but that's it. Usually played at low to reasonable volumes only. The included Casters have remained on the amp since new, so it never even touches the floor!

Includes cover, footswitch, the manual and all the hang tags that came with it.

These go for $1899 new (plus tax and usually a hefty waiting period).
This one is about as close to new condition as you will ever find plus you will get a new handle and a complete set of back up tubes. I will entertain reasonable offers over $1400. Serious buyers are welcome to come try it out as well. Best offer after a few weeks will get the amp. After that, I start putting it on Harmony Central, Craigs List and even Ebay. They are going for this on ebay, but I would rather a genuine Boogie fan take it home if possible.

The only trade I will consider are for a simliar condition '57 Tweed Twin.

Post here if interested. Leave an email and I can send pics.

Bump.... no one even willing to propose an offer? This would make someone a Kick *** Christmas Present.

Let me know. I can send pics if interested.

Latest posts

Back