mark IV vs rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjaytuner

Reaction score
anyone know if the mark IV can get a really chunky hit you in the chest low end rythem sound? i had a mesa triple rectifier, which i couldn't complain about, but i had trouble getting a nice lead sound out of it, and i'v heard the mark IV's lead is very good. but its a hard decision which get get cause i dont want to loose out on the heavy rythem chunk, and i can't afford to buy bolth btw will be using with 4x12 standard recto cab.....any help apreciated!!!!

The MKIV wont get the low end of a Recto.

The MKIV does however get a smoother lead voice with more sing. What the MKIV lacks in low end it makes up for it in nasty midrange. The MKIV can sound tough.

In my opinion, the MK IV can hang with plenty of tight low end...especially if you drive an external closed back cabinet. Fantastic amp.

RB

I'm not saying the MKIV has no low end. It just isnt Recto low end. No way no how.

The MKIV can get heavy in its own way.

The Recto's sound really modern. some say it sounds a bit buzzy and is overdriveing the mids. it has its own unique sounds to it. The makr IV is more agro in the old fashioned way. I like the mark IV better but i like the old sounds. if you do modern music you should go for the recto. I', doing things in a lot of styles so i hope to buy myself the triaxis and have 80% of both worlds. and more.

Nocki

Thanks for the advice.

I know the recto sounds are not in the triaxis. I dont really like the Recto sounds and i'm really in to the mark sounds. thats the reason i want the triaxis. but i'd like to experiment with the recto sounds in the triaxis. i sometimes need to lay a little layer in songs we do that dont have to sound real recto but just needs to fill up some gaps. I think ill keep with mark sounds. just want more sounds because i doe more tricks in more bands...

again thanks for the advice.!

Red Barchetta said:
Jay Jay...what guitar are you using BTW?

RB

Im using a ibanez prestige' i belive it has dimarzio pickups, its not no prs or les paul, but it sounds very good.

I've had 2 Dual Recs, a Rectoverb Combo, and a Nomad 55 Combo.

I still have a DC-2 Combo and a Mark IV Combo.

The Mark IV, with the right cab and a good humbucker guitar can get some seriously chunky Metal tones. I like it more, because it doesn't sound like a Rectifier. Which means that it doesn't sound like every idiot on the radio that can't play right now.

The Rectifiers can get so many more tones than the Nu-Metal and Pop-Punk guys get out of them, but in my opinion, the Mark IV is way more versatile.

FWIW - you can get a very good Rectifier tone with a Triaxis if you use an EQ in the loop. I've actually gotten a convincing Rectifier tone simply by using the parametric EQ in my G-Major.

jayjaytuner said:
Red Barchetta said:
Jay Jay...what guitar are you using BTW?

RB

Im using a ibanez prestige' i belive it has dimarzio pickups, its not no prs or les paul, but it sounds very good.

Depending on the model replacing the pickups will probably get you closer. My RG1527 Prestige (which is a great guitar in my opinion) came with the ibanez/dimarzio pu's and they're fairly anemic. I'm replacing the pu's with Dimarzio ToneZone or Blaze Custom in the bridge and an AirNorton in the neck. Just a thought.

I play with RGT3020 with EMG 85 in bridge position on a Mark IV and I can beat every recto, it cuts through the band lik e a knife through warm butter.

although i really like the recto too, i prefer the Mark IV because the low end is tighter and its more focused.

I play stuff like Metallica and Pennywise btw.

I have both a 2 ch dual recto and a red stripe Mark III combo. I have also owned two Mark IV amps.

I like both, but I prefer the Mark series to the recto, mainly because they are tighter and more focused sounding. And the lead and clean sounds are much better in my opinion.

I like the recto for the high gain sound they have, dark and crushing. It is great for slow downtuned stuff and chords, but for fast riffing it gets too mushy sounding.

I use a A/B switch to switch between them to get what I need. But the recto is probably gonna be replaced in my live rig by my Diezel Herbert. It can do all that the recto can, but is a bit tighter and focused.

Latest posts

Back