Mark IV vs Mark IIC+ (Gain??)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
OK! So I have a Mark IV, and have never in real life heard a Mark IIC+

So, does the mark iic+ have more gain and sound smoother or is there MORE to the amp??? My mark IV can be smooth or aggressive depending on the guitar and settings, so what makes the iic+ so different?

Hey dude,

Well i think the mk IV has more gain but smoothness is the same..i think what makes the C+ nicer is that its breakup is "nicer" is has the prefect harmonics.. there isn't a single tone this amp doesn't do amazingly well..

the mk IV is alittle less organic sounding..i tour with mk IV but.. it's still the best 3 channel amp i have EVER PLAYED..

The Mark IV is tighter, dryer, and more sterile sounding. I'd say they have about the same amount of gain. But don't take my word for it. Go find a C+, let it warm up, and you'll here the differences.

Kool, thanks guys, I think my GAS has been remedied. I was thinking of looking into a C+ but so far no dice. I live in Australia too, theres nearly no chance of finding one, unless you guys know some one from Melbourne who could let me have a play around XD

Thanks again,
Mark IV is it for me :)
Chris

C+ is more dynamic and controllable with the guitar/fingers. If you like to just sit on one channel and control your gain from the guitar, the C+ is a better amp.

only gripe I have about the C+ is the knob configuration. They should have set it up the same way the IV is set up. They would have been so far ahead of the game. As if they aren't miles ahead of everybody else as it is. But seriously imagine that: An amp that would go unchanged for 24years!!!! they wouldn't have needed another mark if they laid the controls out that way. The C+ just sounds more pleasant. Not really a bad tone with those things when dialed in. I find the IV tends to either get a tinie too harsh in places or a smidge to unorganic sounding. It took me a hell of a lot more time to dial in the IV than the C+. Because I was constantly tryng to get it to sound like the C+. I finally did though. It just comes down to the voicing difference. C+>IV. the preamp gain on a IV is pretty exact in terms of "sounding" like the C+ but the power section is what is really noticabley different. sorry about my sloppy grammer.

Back