Mark IV video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally thought the dude had some chops and i can definitely hear the smoothness of the mark4 coming out. if you can't hear the amp's fundamental sound, you don't know what you're listening for.

Elpelotero said:
i personally thought the dude had some chops and i can definitely hear the smoothness of the mark4 coming out. if you can't hear the amp's fundamental sound, you don't know what you're listening for.

+1

Ok, the part in the middle was strange. The audio quality wasn't the best but what I heard sounded good to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Elpelotero said:

What is this damage control?? You have a great sense of humor Elpelotero. :lol:

alright gearHead, we get it. you don't like the playing, subject matter, or video/sound quality. you expressed that in your original post. you'd think someone who just joined a week ago would show a little bit of respect to people who he is just meeting on a message board. i'm not saying the quality was the best, but i thought the guitar playing (in itself) wasn't bad. the subject matter as always is open to debate, so i'm not even going to touch that one.

This is typical of forum life.. I give my opinion, not an attack, and now I'm the guy getting chastised. Thanks.

gearHead, i have to say, the way i read it came across as an attack. i know if it were my post you had been commenting on, i would have taken it as an attack. if you didn't mean it as such, then i apologize. i think that is how a lot of us read it though.

["gearHead"]This is typical of forum life.. I give my opinion, not an attack, and now I'm the guy getting chastised. Thanks.[]

I think you'll find that this forum is generally quite polite and constructive (which is why so many people like it).
It isn't YouTube!!

gearHead said:
This is typical of forum life.. I give my opinion, not an attack, and now I'm the guy getting chastised. Thanks.

gearHead, I didn't mean to come down on you and of course you're allowed your opinion but I think it was the way you presented it. Perhaps if you said, 'I think the tone is terrible and here is why...' or... 'you should try doing this instead...' it might have come off a little more clean. I know where you're coming from though, I hear a lot of stuff I think is blatently terrible but I always try to suggest a way for the player to improve if I hold that opinion of what I'm listening to.

I guess in a word, I think the player in this case was looking for constructive criticism. I'll be the first to say I don't think people should lie and say they liked something if they didn't but the method was just lacking tact in my opinion.

Losing the will to live here!

This could go on to be the longest posting in Boogie Board history (and we're not even talking about Mesas!!)

Why don't you just apologise for being so rude whilst apparently being so sensitive yourself to criticism?

(Er, not trying to wind you up - honest!)

Horrible video quality, but I'm pretty sure live that would've sounded awesome. And the playing was very good as well. Nice Steve Morse EB guitar, don't see many of those played by younger guitarists.

As for Praise and Worship, in the Bible, the book of Psalms is a book of music, written to give Praise to the Lord. Psalms 150 (last chapter of that book) talks about praising God with music, and the idea of a Praise Band is based off this and other scripture. Not trying to get preachy or anything, I just read where someone said they didn't understand the point in Praising God with music. Just thought I'd point that out. I actually helped start a praise band in my old youth group at my church, and it was cool, still going strong after I graduated. But if you're not into Religion that's cool. To each his own.
God bless

-AJH

gearHead said:
Platypus said:
Thanks for sharing!

gearHead that's kind of a dick thing to say. Music is music no matter what the subject matter is... even if you don't agree with it there are those who will appreciate it. I don't really care for a lot of what's being played on the radio today but if somewhere someone connects it in a way that only music can describe then I'm glad it's around.

Hey Platypus... It's called an opinion. Deal with it.

in my opinion your so over your head... tsk! tsk!

Wow... first 2 days nothing, next day 33 replies...haha

Hey to anyone the stuff offended, sorry about that. If I could have shortened the video to just the little noodle fest I would have. That's why I kinda mentioned fast forwarding. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer but I assumed with the level of maturity here it was just gonna be about the amp or amp related. I didn't have any intentions of creating a controversy or anything, I don't want to be the author responsible for the thread that makes people shake their head. This is an awesome board.

The quality of the video had to be reduced to fit the file size requirement, I didn't make it my buddy did. I for one just like hearing clips good or not so good of people playing their Mesa's, you can always get an idea so I thought, why not. I don't think the quality is horrible to the point you can't hear some of the characteristic of the wonderful MKIV. I'm open to hearing what people thought of the sound good or bad. That's why I decided to start posting cause people here are cool and really knowledgeable. And if I can't play guitar for my life, well, guess I better practice.

Ohhh and I almost forgot to thank everyone for their replies haha.

Well that's blown it, I won't be posting any clips of myself or the band, Gearhead will tear me apart :p

And about the Steve Morse, it's an amazing guitar. 11 pickup combinations on it! But it has such a beautiful voice to it, it kicked out the RG I used to play. I can't make it sound as good as Steve Morse does but it sounds good to me!

Finally watched this video, I thought the playing and tone were fine, don't see what all the fuss about that was. The video quality was poor, but in the parts where the guitar and playing came through it sounded fine to me. As far as the worship band thing goes, I saw a bunch of kids jumping up in down while the band was playing, that to me says a lot more than anyone in this forum can. The biggest problem is people look at praise and worship/christian/whatever you want to call it as more than a genre and attack it, would you attack a killer guitar solo in the middle of a pop song because it was a pop song and not metal?? Same goes for blues, jazz, rock, metal, or anything, everyone has there own thing so don't start bashing genres or beliefs, has nothing to do with tone or playing ability.

gearHead said:
IMHO that was horrible.. Audio quality is bad.. Subject matter surrounding the music is horrible.. Praise/Worship music is just bad IMHO.

I think the first sentence about his audio quality is fair enough but like many others said, it could have been delivered more constructively...

The sentence about praise and worship music was not just a comment on genre because praise and worship is a specific act involved in a specific faith and to call that bad is a statement against everyone who practices that act... Fortunately (as far as i am aware) Bourque (and all other christians here) are probably not extremists and thus won't hunt GearHead down and take his life in an honour killing for his God, so life can go on...

However, if you were in a middle eastern country and made a statement like "Subject matter here is horrible.. Praying x number of times a day on a mat is just bad IMHO" your life is significantly at risk because thats how serious comments on faith and their acts can be... So just because we are in a different culture and what many people would call the free world, dosent make that any better.

Sorry if its a bit like preachy there, but its in our nature to want to throw your $0.02 in and I couldn't resist .... "if you dont throw in your buck-o-five who will?"

So people, the moral of the story was...
I love Mesa/Boogie and I love Jesus ... Comment on the latter and I will declare holy war on yo candy anus, bottle rocket or not... 8) ... and yay, many shall join, WHO IS WITH ME!?

Disclaimer:
Moderators, I have no genuine homocidal or racial intentions in the current post... If this is not cool or funny to you then just delete it...

I though the vid was a really good effort. Maybe you should do another one at home with less volume so the camera can handle it

Back