Mark IV video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourque

Reaction score
Hey folks, like the title says there's some Mark IV content in here. Some video a friend took while my band was playing one night, mix of actual set and just practice. If you fast forward to 2:57, it's just me messing around with a wah pedal on the lead channel. I think I was in a Satriani style mood haha.

Anyways, just some more Mark IV content stuff you can check out. The sound quality isn't the best but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCe_R9qA3Y0&mode=related&search=

Oh friggg I thought I was in the rigs and tones forum, I apologize! Maybe if a mod wants to move this. My bad...

IMHO that was horrible.. Audio quality is bad.. Subject matter surrounding the music is horrible.. Praise/Worship music is just bad IMHO.

Thanks for sharing!

gearHead that's kind of a dick thing to say. Music is music no matter what the subject matter is... even if you don't agree with it there are those who will appreciate it. I don't really care for a lot of what's being played on the radio today but if somewhere someone connects it in a way that only music can describe then I'm glad it's around.

Platypus said:
Thanks for sharing!

gearHead that's kind of a dick thing to say. Music is music no matter what the subject matter is... even if you don't agree with it there are those who will appreciate it. I don't really care for a lot of what's being played on the radio today but if somewhere someone connects it in a way that only music can describe then I'm glad it's around.

Hey Platypus... It's called an opinion. Deal with it.

gearHead said:
Hey Platypus... It's called an opinion. Deal with it.

A useless opinion, but one non the less.

Seriously, whats the point, unless you just get your jollies from slamming what other people are doing?

To the OP, sure, the audio/video quality is not great as you mentioned, but I can hear some nice stuff in your playing. Keep it up!

Platypus said:
Music is music no matter what the subject matter is... even if you don't agree with it there are those who will appreciate it. I don't really care for a lot of what's being played on the radio today but if somewhere someone connects it in a way that only music can describe then I'm glad it's around.

Well put.

gearHead, you do have a valid point about the sound quality.

Please remember that this is the mesa boogie board, dedicated to mesa boogie amps. I suggest that you listen to the amp and give feedback on the tone coming from the amp.

Even if the sound quality were better, my opinion still stands- LOUSY. I mean, not even remotely good. If anything I hope my comments inspire this kid to practice and think twice about posting a clip of his playing.

keep on playin and dont let opinions bother you, just take it constructive and don't cast your pearls on the swine!!!
nothin will change the world more than the gospel sent thru music.
God bless,
Jack

Over to you gearhead!
How about posting your own video so we can judge what a great guitarist you are?
(Your first name's not actually Dick is it by anychance?)

I have to get gearHead's back on this one. I have to question why that clip in particular was chosen to show off the Mark IV. The audio is horrible and so, you can't really hear the Mark IV properly. But moreover, why the "preachy" crap in the middle?

Plus, if you post on the internet, expect opinions.

And for the record, I don't get "worship" bands. What jamming and praising God have to do with each other is beyond me.

guitarjac said:
keep on playin and dont let opinions bother you, just take it constructive and don't cast your pearls on the swine!!!
nothin will change the world more than the gospel sent thru music.
God bless,
Jack

Oh please.

Reg said:
Over to you gearhead!
How about posting your own video so we can judge what a great guitarist you are?
(Your first name's not actually Dick is it by anychance?)

So just because you disagree with an opinion, you're going to resort to name calling? Who's the dick?

Hey guys, I'm not trying to start sh!t here.. I just gave my opinion.. And as everyone knows- Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one!

Thanks for getting my back Cudbucket!

"hey it's starting to feel like harmony central up in here."

I was thinking more like GeekChat.

I can't even hear the guy's demo as my speakers are dead (!) but even if someone is trying to play Stairway to Heaven wearing boxing gloves, there is no need to slam him or her for it.
Everyone started somewhere and I've never met anyone who was the dog's bollocks from day one.

It takes guts to leave your playing open to criticism (although I don't think the poster was expecting that).
We should encourage anyone to have a go and not rip them to pieces if they are not as good as we (think) we are.

As I was trying to point out, if the detractors are really that good, let them post their own clips and let others be the judge (although hopefully in a much more constructive way).

Back