Mark IV users: tone question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a MarkIV after being used to a Dual Rec for a long time. Can someone give me some settings to try out when I go demo it for the chevelle tone? I imagine it's on the Lead channel.. looking for tight high gain focus on detuned chords. :idea:

thanks!

the lead channel it the main channel to try out..

bass -2.5
treb-6
mid-6.5
pres-3.5 pulled/ pushed ( really matter wat cab )
drive-8
gain-8.5 pulled
master-3

the V eq setting but with the treble's alittle lower that the bass..

A class triode tweed.

reverb off..

try that out..

Hi Platypus,

This thread might interest you because it involves the Mark IV and several other amps:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=9606

I'm very intrigued with the Mark IV.....and with the Rocket .44 too, believe it or not.

M

scout around for chevelle pics and vids. since marks have little numbers, you can probably find the settings if you squint hard enough. try aol video sessions for starters.

Platypus said:
I'm in the market for a MarkIV after being used to a Dual Rec for a long time. Can someone give me some settings to try out when I go demo it for the chevelle tone? I imagine it's on the Lead channel.. looking for tight high gain focus on detuned chords. :idea:

thanks!
Did you check the "amp setting database"?
http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-mark4-settings.html#
Click on the "veiw settings" link at the far right.

groovetuber said:
I have a Mark IV wide head for sale if you decide to buy.

I want to buy your mark iv, I live in Ann arbor too, I sent a pm please reply if your mark 4 is still for sale..

kareem87 said:
groovetuber said:

I want to buy your mark iv, I live in Ann arbor too, I sent a pm please reply if your mark 4 is still for sale..

He sold it unfortunately.

Why can't I find this **** amplifier :(

Platypus said:
kareem87 said:
groovetuber said:

He sold it unfortunately.

Why can't I find this **** amplifier :(

yep, its on its way to my house as I type.:)

It seems to me that for whatever reason there is a bit of a drought in the offerings of Mark IV's right now. I looked at CL from coast to coast and there were only a half dozen and they were already sold...

I found the best way to learn to dial this amp in is to make the committmnet to use a chosen channel for a couple of weeks without the temptation to try another channel. Start with channel 1 and you will be amazed at how versatile this channel is. Then move on to channel 2 etc.

brianf

Back