Mark IV users...please read

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm good to know..but ya just search around the forums for ppl who swear by running the master higher then channels...i'm gonna start muckin around with different configurations now

Fronzil said:
hmm good to know..but ya just search around the forums for ppl who swear by running the master higher then channels...i'm gonna start muckin around with different configurations now

I think you are confusing "ways to achieve good tone at lower volumes" with "ways to achieve good tones, period"

Your method does work nicely for getting some nice saturation and crunch at lower volumes. However, it has nothing to do with over-driving the power section. It's mostly to do with finely balancing the gain of the pre-amp with the EQ controls, your speaker/cab, guitar, etc.

I seriously do think everyone can afford to crank their amp all the way up, should. At least once. Even if you don't play anything meaningful or for any length of time. Just to hear those power tubes really juicin' it. It's literally beyond words. If you do jack up it right up, be sure and adjust your gain/treble back down. Running the amp all the way introduces a ****-ton of gain, so try running the actual gain knob at about 5 or 6, same with treble.

Latest posts

Back