Mark IV users: A few questions!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
I'm breaking down...I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy a new Mark IV....ofcourse, no one has one in stock, so I'll still have to wait, but what the hell....I'm in love with the amp.

I have a few questions....

Is the amp very noisy? I used to use an ISP noise decimator with my Peavy XXX, but sold it after I got my recto...it has always been super quiet...

How is the Mark IV in this case? Should I get a noise gate? Or is the Mark IV also a quiet amp?

Also, I have about $200-$250 of freebees with the amp...I already have spare tubes....anything that comes to mind? What should I get with it?

thanks and I hope to be joing the Mark IV clan soon!

I have found the Mark IV to be relatively quiet. I wouldn't worry about getting the ISP or any gate for it.

You already have a nice reverb pedal...

Some like some delay. Sometimes I like a little chorus. An OD is nice in R2.

You might want a roadcase for it if you are gigging. That alone will leave you just about enough for a reasonable pedal or a couple nice cables.

I would start looking for a Thiele, a Mark series metal grill ported 2x12 vertical halfback, a G-Flex, or other nice ported cab. They really do make a difference with the Marks. They add that extra dimension to your sound. You will probably want a Traditional 4x12 cab as well. It will serve dual function between the DR and the Mark IV. Those Traditional cabs certainly tighten things up. I think you might like your DR a little more with it too as opposed to the Standard or Oversized cab.

Funny that you mention those things, cause I have a few of those grounds covered.

Already have a delay pedal...no longer have the reverb though :?

As for the cab, I also have a traditional 4x12 on its way from Mesa.

Sounds pretty good....a road case doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I'm very careful with my gear...if I were to go with cases, I'd want something that permanently holds the head...not just closes over when I'm transporting....I figure I can live without that.

I would suggest a 1x12 EV loaded Thiele from ebay. You can transport it much easier than the big cab for practices, friends house, going home from college, etc. Plus they sound great with Marks.

yeah i would suggest alittle cab.. i have a mesa trad 4x12 and sounds awsome with the mk IV. but sometime i really can't be F**ked carrying this stupidly heavy cab to practice so i use my EVM-12L 200watt 1x12 mesa cab..nice sound, not as BIG sounding but still very nice..

Haha...I just noticed my title is way off..."Mar IV"?!?!

Any way I can change that?

And thanks for all the help so far?

My MKIV is quiet, and the reverb is fine. You shouldn't have any problems with that stuff.

Back