Mark IV Tube Change Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalabro

Reaction score
hello!
i just purchased a Mark IV (long) not sure what year. I am VERY new to tube heads. i have had a Carvin MTS for a little while, but never changed tubes... come to think of it, i've never been back there!
There is no manual, and i haven't been able to find anything online.
how would i go about getting new tubes in there? (physically)
is there anything is need to do with the bias? if so, does this require me bringing it to a professional, or is this something i could do.
Also, a question on tubes. Are there any tubes that sound perticularly good with the markIV?
thanks in advance!

Go here

...to download User Manuals from Mesa. Read thoroughly, there is a lot of useful info about your amp, how to dial in tones, how the controls work, how tubes work, etc.

Changing tubes is a matter of pulling them out and plugging new ones in, something you can easily do yourself. No bias adjustment is needed, if you are using tubes that are graded for your amp. I recommend getting your first set of tubes from Mesa, so that you can get your bearings with the basic Mark IV tones and ensure you get the right tube types. Once you develop a stronger relationship with your amp and its tones, you can utilize different tube vendors who can provide alternate brands based on what your specific tone preferences are...

Back