Mark IV test drive....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch71

Reaction score
...after nearly 2 years of searching!

RH1 was very clean and easy to dial in. Nice lush reverb. Spent a little time just enjoying the chimmy-ness of this channel.

Rh2 - Wasn't real impressed but not bad "crunch" tones. I spent the less time here.

LD1 - Really enjoyed this channel. I was at GC and I'm not one to crank amps...but I did get into it a little. I was surprised at the volume jump between 2 and 3. 2 being bedroom level and 3 being stand back! I only had a 3 ft chord, thanks GC, so I really didn't want to go deaf. I'm sure 5 or 6 is pure sweetness.

I was real surprised how quickly I could dial in good tones after hearing so much talk about how hard they are to dial in. I have done a lot of research and knew to keep the bass low. But given time with one, I'd have it dialed and forgotten.

After all this time...It lives up to it's hype for me. I really enjoyed it but...the thing is killer loud. For around the house I still prefer my DSL50 and there were aspects of the Mark IV that reminded me of it. This is indeed one of the most versitile amps I've ever played. Any gigging musician would do well by one.

I totally agree with you...
I cannot live without one....so i bought a second one!!!!
You can do an arena with this little thing. I never needed it to be louder.
Normand.

Rhy2 is killer if you get it set up right. It can do blues to modded Marshal. It's the hardest channel to dial in however.

I agree! I love my Mark IV! Best amp I've ever owned. I find it alot easier to dial in than my RKII. Personally I like the cleans alot better on my Mark. Just like any amp though, I think it highly depends on what guitar you are plugging into it. I didn't care for my PRS Custom 22 plugged into it and I no longer own that guitar. My McNaught plugged in is sheer bliss though!

I think a lot of the "dialing in" issues come from there being so many combinations between the push pulls and the geq. In my experience channel 2 was a ***** to dial in right because it shares some controls with channel 1. I was never able to dial in channel 2 to my liking without sacrificing the tones i liked out of channel 1. Amazing amp none the less.

I think 3 on the master volume is the sweet spot. Personally, I don't think the amp benefits anymore by pushing it beyond that point. That's just me! :wink:

Back