Mark IV Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretout

Reaction score
So, I was going through and cleaning up my Mark IV and noticed that there seems to be a little more "play" in the Power and Standby switches than what I would consider "acceptable". Anyone else notice this?

Also, I was cleaning the dust out from behind the knobs and noticed that the Master Volume/Pull Recording knob seems to "catch" when i spin the knob (only when the amp knob is turned a little after 2).

The amp is still under warranty (until March) so I wonder if I should send it back to Mesa and have them do a check up on it. Has anyone else had their amps checked-out before the warranty expired?

Checkup's are not covered under warranty and Mesa will not look for problems to fix under warranty.
The amp is more likely to get damaged during shipping and come back worse. I would tell Mesa to send
you the parts and replace them yourself or have a tech do it. It would cost as much to ship the amp.
Maybe they have an authorized repair Tech in your area. All it take is a phone call and Mesa will get you going.

I may go that route. IDK, for some reason I don't really trust the local Boogie repair station out here in PHX. Nothing against the employees, but the last time I had an amp that needed to be repaired, they told me it was going to take 4-6 weeks in order to fix the problem...a bad LDR...

Thanks fo the insight though. I'll call Mesa and see what they say...

Back