Mark IV stereo options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
I have a mark IV and I want to run it in stereo, I know about the simul-satelite but that's too expensive at the moment. I was thinking about buying a monoblock poweramp from marshall,carvin or some other brand that's cheap and won't sound off compared to the original tone. I just want to have my lead tone with effects in stereo, any suggestions for monoblock poweramps?

Nick_cor said:
I have a mark IV and I want to run it in stereo, I know about the simul-satelite but that's too expensive at the moment. I was thinking about buying a monoblock poweramp from marshall,carvin or some other brand that's cheap and won't sound off compared to the original tone. I just want to have my lead tone with effects in stereo, any suggestions for monoblock poweramps?
Are you rack mounting it? You could go with a Marshall 9100/9200 monoblock.

Didn't someone say (on this board) that one of the Metallica guys used a mark IV pre through a marshall amp for the black album?

tunedown said:
Nick_cor said:
Are you rack mounting it? You could go with a Marshall 9100/9200 monoblock.

Didn't someone say (on this board) that one of the Metallica guys used a mark IV pre through a marshall amp for the black album?

I'm pretty sure that was earlier stuff, MOP & AJFA. I think the Black Album was just straight Mark tones?

+1 on the VHT's...I have a 2/50/2 and a 2150 and they are killer. I use them with anything and they add depth to the tone, I have never been disappointed and I have used them with a variety of pre-amps. Now, that said, I have never tried using either with a Mark IV. I guess that's because I have 2 Mark's and if I want stereo I use both 8)

Love the VHT poweramps!!!

Latest posts

Back