MARK IV rhythm 1 or rhythm 2 boost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden1984

Reaction score
Hi.

I`m thinking of boosting first or second channel of MK IV by Tube screamer or something. Anyone tried it?
I want to get even more brutal sound than from channel 3.

Greetings

While I understand the thought behind putting a pedal in front of RI or RII, I just want to say that R2 is a great sound, all 28 of em!

There is just so much there.

IMO :lol:

Mick :lol:

I have a tube screamer and a Mark IV. So far, I've never had the need to put them together. I honestly can't imagine a situation where the IV does not provide enough gain. Just turn up the treble on R2, pull the fat & shift, use triode/class A, dime the gain and it will just about match the lead channel.

I guess you could use it with R1, but why?

The BB can clean boost, seriously clip and has the ability to cut or boost Treble and Bass frequencies.
It's a tone shaping tool as well as how it interacts with all types of overdrive. I'm ordering the new one
with the mid boost too. I use that **** pedal in front of IIC+'s, IV's, Rectos, 2555's, Herbert's and VH4's.
I made $450 profit when I bought it. I sold my early gold Klon Centaur for $600 a few days later. :mrgreen:

I'm not too familiar with the bb preamp...but how would that differ from a pro co rat distortion box?

I've goosed the R2 channel with a clean boost. I set the gain around 7 (pulled) and hit it with a clean boost.

It gives you lots of options tonaly.

Scott

divil said:
I use a Diamond J-Drive with my MKIV and that does the trick!

Divil :twisted:

i have a J drive and a BB preamp...both AWESOME...although, even with the added clean boost on the J drive, I MAY keep the BB over the J drive if I was forced (although Im using both)...BB>Jdrive>R1=rock lead tone heaven...seriously.

Boogiebabies said:
The BB can clean boost, seriously clip and has the ability to cut or boost Treble and Bass frequencies.
It's a tone shaping tool as well as how it interacts with all types of overdrive. I'm ordering the new one
with the mid boost too. I use that **** pedal in front of IIC+'s, IV's, Rectos, 2555's, Herbert's and VH4's.
I made $450 profit when I bought it. I sold my early gold Klon Centaur for $600 a few days later. :mrgreen:

+1. I used mine in front of my IV's, V, and my IIC+'s. Killer pedal and can do all different kinds of tones. Used as a clean boost in front of my IIC+, it makes it even more brutal. Go with the BB.

Back