Mark IV RHY 2 and Lead problem, help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

espmaster1

Reaction score
So whenever I get into any of the 2 channels listed, (RHY 2 and Lead) it sounds like the amp isn't plugged into a guitar. But I've tested 3 guitars and it's happening with all of them so it isn't a problem with a guitar. But recently I tried fixing the prongs where the FU-3 switch goes because they were bent, but that couldn't be causing it, could it? The noise is liike an intense feedback and I don't get any when I'm in RHY 1.
I would normally think It's just feedback but it comes through when I'm playing. An intense buzzing noise, anyone have any ideas?

Another weird thing is also the fact that it is directional... when I'm facing the amp it's worse, like it usually is. But it is just significantly worse than it used to... I didn't touch the guitar or amp at all. So I don't know what it is.

Boogiebabies said:
Try swapping your preamp tubes one at a time with a known good tube.

Wow , I don't think I've ever read you giving THAT advice before .. :lol:

What is a microphonic tube for 500 , Ed ..... :D

espmaster1 said:
Another weird thing is also the fact that it is directional... when I'm facing the amp it's worse, like it usually is. But it is just significantly worse than it used to... I didn't touch the guitar or amp at all. So I don't know what it is.

Most high gain tube amps will hum louder when the pickups are facing the amp or too close. Cheap pickups and cables do not help either.

You can fix it by dicking around with the preamp tubes .

Even with "new" tubes , swapping them around can fix it ..given some time and positive mental attitude .
It can become ... obsessive .... ; anyway ,

Buy extras'
Send the baddies back :D

Worth it though . HeH .
:D

Boogiebabies said:
Buddy said:
Boogiebabies said:
Try swapping your preamp tubes one at a time with a known good tube.

Wow , I don't think I've ever read you giving THAT advice before .. :lol:

What is a microphonic tube for 500 , Ed ..... :D

I think I was the only one here, so I gave it a shot.

I was being sarcastic . If you are going to be so non heinous , George Carlin will time travel and show up at your birthday party .

Most excellent .

Welcome to the board , Espmaster .

Latest posts

Back