Mark IV reverb noise...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphadog808

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I noticed that when I played my Mark IV and I made the amp move(stomping on the stage near the amp), the reverb tank(I think) made a funky noise. Note, I had the boogie tilted back at me.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Sounds like a spring jumping around in a big hallway...

I imagine you had the amp turned on ?
If so , this is a normal response of the reverb springs bouncing around in the tank .

Cure a : Don't do that .

Cure b : Use long cables and put the reverb tank away from such disturbances .

Cure c : Use a digital reverb/delay .

Hope this helps .

hehe...thanks for the response...

But, shouldn't I be able to tilt the amp back? Also, when I say I was stomping near the amp, I wasn't doing crazy stomps, more like a stomping to keep the beat, but a little harder...I figure it was the reverb tank as when I turned off the reverb, the problem went away...?

Yeah , thats the springs . If I tilt back the amp while playing , I'll get that noise .... even without a guitar plugged in . (PATCHOONG!! zzzzzz...etc )

Do you have a beefy amp stand ? That will make a difference .(No stacked phone books)

You may have to move the amp to a sturdier section of the floor . Or wear sandals or sneakers . :wink:

Hmm...so it's the tilt back that causes it, huh? I kinda have to tilt it back otherwise I have to crank to hear over the drums/bass/etc...

I use the "standback" amp stand...sturdy...but on the ground.

speaking of cranking, tonight I played a much higher volume than at home and my tone got all buzzy...I figure some of the settings just need to be tweaked due to the higher volume...or could it be the tubes on their way out?

Latest posts

Back