Mark IV recording out awesome.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantstepjoe

Reaction score
I used this feature for the first time last night at my buddy's home studio to lay some tracks. He has twin 2 yr old girls that were sleeping so it was not possible to mic it up-and I was itching to try the silent recording feature out anyway as I am am relatively new to the Mark IV and had not yet had an opportunity to try it out. We were both very impressed with the quality of the tones. He has never recorded a Mark IV before and he said that not only was the recording out the best he's ever worked with but it was the best sounding amp he's ever recorded. I grinned from ear to ear and yet again felt great about trading my Roadster for it.

Tell us about the signal chain. Where did you feed the recording out? An interface? etc.

Agree ... it is very usable. Any preamp you plug into the effects return is using the Mark IV 5 band EQ, power section and record out. It works great with most preamps ...

CudBucket said:
Tell us about the signal chain. Where did you feed the recording out? An interface? etc.

I used no effects. I plugged my guitar straight into the Mark IV and ran a cable from the recording out into the mixing board. No interface was used because no computers are being used. We are recording in 24 track ADAT. We are a little behind the times I know

topcat0399 said:
good for you dude.

I've attempted it a few times but always go back to mic'ing the cab.

I haven't mic'ed the cab yet. I'm sure it would sound better if I did. For this particular project most of the recording has to be done at night with 2 sleeping babies in the house so mic'ing it up isn't an option right now but I'm looking forward to the opportunity compare when I get a chance.

Back