Mark IV questions ... clean headroom, pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no.mop

Reaction score
How much clean headroom does the Mark IV have? Also, how well does it take pedals? I hope to be using R1 and R2 for some post-rock...

Sorry for the very informal questioning...

I read "headroom" as, how loud can you play before you push the tubes into distortion. On the Mark IV, if you keep R1 gain in the 2 to 4 range, you can crank the channel and master volume up and play RFL* with a spanky, clean tone. Painfully, glass breakingly loud.

Takes pedals fine, whether pre-input, or in the FX loops.

* RFL = really, f-ing loud

aaronlyon said:
I read "headroom" as, how loud can you play before you push the tubes into distortion. On the Mark IV, if you keep R1 gain in the 2 to 4 range, you can crank the channel and master volume up and play RFL* with a spanky, clean tone. Painfully, glass breakingly loud.

Takes pedals fine, whether pre-input, or in the FX loops.

* RFL = really, f-ing loud

Great, sounds perfect for the headroom!

Any experience with fuzz, other crazier pedals? Stuff outside the normal delay, boost, etc.

RH1 takes fuzz pedals nicely, if you switch over to RHY2 with a fuzzbox you get all sorts of cool compression effects, kinda sounds like its really bottomy and toppy at the same time. Good stuff!

Latest posts

Back