Mark IV question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
This is a really dumb question but i want to make sure I'm not harming my anything. anyway.....
My Mark IV has 3 speaker output: one 8 ohm and two 4 ohm. In the manual it says to use the 4 ohms when running two 8 ohm cabs. It doesn't say anything about running one 4 ohm cab (which is what I'm using). So my question is can I run the 4 ohm cab in one of the two 4 ohm outputs and be fine?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I understand ohm rating and everything I was just kind of thrown off by the manual.

Yes you can run one 4ohm cab out of the 4ohm tap. but if you had 2x 4ohm cabs you would have to use a 2ohm tap

8 ohm is probably the most common speaker cab impedance.They give you 2X 4ohm taps so you can use your stock speaker with an 8 ohm ext cab.When you use 2 8ohm loads the jacks are wired in paralell so the 2 8ohm loads becomes 4 ohm.It is safe to use one 4 ohm load in one 4 ohm jack.It would not be advisable to use 2 4ohm loads with that amp in the 4ohm outs.If you had 2 4ohm loads you would be best served to wire the 2 loads in series and then plug them into the 8ohm out.

Just look up the MK V manual. At the very end, they list all types of cab connections with whatever ohms you have questions about. Very indepth.

I'm assuming what's good for the MK V (with respect to speaker connections) is good for the MK IV. :)

Back