Mark IV power tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creative

Reaction score
im confused!!! my mark iv come orginal from factory whit 6l6-str440 and is match group (gry 10). is that normal? :( would be better sustain if i put lower rating?

Grays are on the warmer side. White is even warmer. I would say your fine with the grays, but going any lower like Red or Yellow will not add sustain. You have to turn the master volume up a bit to get the whole amp working. If you are only using preamp gain with the Master at 1 in tweed mode, you'll never get the interaction between preamp gain and power amp gain. Run your Master higher and lower you Channel Masters until you hear it sing. The Lead mode gain usually starts to give you feedback as low as 6, but by 8 it's on. Use the pull fat and pull bright and run your lead master at 1.5 and your master a 4. It should sing like Norah Jones. Then try your settings with the presence pushed in and pulled. Pushed in is agressive and pulled is smooth.

Back