Mark IV- Post Your Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpoon

Reaction score
Since the Mark IV is unbelievably hard to get a good tone i thought everyone could post their settings. I realize that there already is a section to post your settings but I tried most of them and they didn't suit me preferably for metal. If you have a good setting then please share it, i know you have a good one!

You seem to be confused my young friend.
Do you want a "good tone" or do you want "metal"?
Ever heard the term "oxymoron"?
:lol:

I'm new at this MKIV, I've only owned it for a couple of months and a few gigs, I feel your pain. I'm a classic rock guy so my settings wouldn't help you out. A lot of people have just always told me to take my time with the amp and don't give up on it to soon. The longer I keep the amp, the more I understand what they're saying. It's just going to take time for you to figure out what's best for you. Every little thing on the MKIV changes it's tone, and so what guitar and p/u's and efexs and tubes and power settings ect will change everything. Your on your own with the MKIV.

Don't underestimate the settings in the manual. There are some very good sounds for different types of music. Start with one you like and then start making little changes to see how it affects the tone.

This amp is really tough but I keep stumbling on to stuff. my latest tip is the pull out on the presence knob for rythm2 and 3. I'm dialing the presence all the way to 10 on both the 2 and 3rd channel with both pulled out. I find this really gets rid of the muddy bass and enables me to run my bass pot a little higher(still only 2 to 3) which helps out my clean sound on channel 1 and helps my lead tone cut better in the mix. Try it if you haven't already.

Back