mark iv poor gain?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creative

Reaction score
hi. when i play at home my mark iv sounds great with huge amount of gain. on other house where i play with all band it has on same settings very little gain (ac-dc)sound at max. to solve my problem do i have to buy some of furman power conditioner?

You sure you didn't push in the Lead Gain/Drive knobs by accident? Happened to me a few times.

fpoon said:
You sure you didn't push in the Lead Gain/Drive knobs by accident? Happened to me a few times.
NO even lead gain,treble and lead drive at 8 pulled i can't get more than "led zeppelin" overdrive with very poor sustain,but at home on same settings "death metal" :cry:

Not to sound funny, but I have had rooms eat my tone. It's also subjective to what angle your ear is to the cab. You would not have a gain drop with lower wall voltage as you already have a variac built in to the power transformer for tweed mode. I can, and I am sure many people can attest that you don't lose any if not a negliglble amount of gain in tweed.
Your not the first person to have the Holy Grail tone at home to find it sounds like *** at a church gig. If you have another amp or cab, bring them and see if you have a problem with the natural acoustics at the site. I use an isolation riser to make life easier. The Auralex Gramma lifts your amp from the floor so the floor does not absorb your tone. Even casters on combos or 4X12's can absorb some of the frequencies you need for your sound.

Just a thought.

are you playing at lower volume levels at home? As you turn up and your speakers start working harder you will lose some of that "fizz" that you might be associating with "high gain". If thats the case, you need either more speakers or high power clean speakers like the EVM12L.

Latest posts

Back