Mark IV Owners...need your experience.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
Thankfully, my DC-10 just sold. Great cleans, but I could never get a good sound from the lead channel. It was just too dark and compressed for me.

I understand the MkIV rhythm 1 channel is a great clean, but I'm curious about rhythm 2 and the lead channel. Can R2 do some good crunchy rhythm sounds? How is the lead channel, is it dark like the DC-10 was? Do these channels get overly compressed, or do they stay pretty open sounding?

Any other MkIV wisdom you guys could share would also be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

the mk iv has rhy2 gain/crunch from fender hot rod delux to a dual recto crossed with a peavey 5150...so good for anything...the lead is wonderful to...singing, clear, not harsh but not to dark lead..full and fat.... i love this amp...

i had a DC5 and i know what you mean, about the lead channel. On the MKIV it's a different animal IMHO. The thing is, on the MKIV, you can dial in the lead channel, anyway you want to. On my DC5, I remember not being able to adjust the lead channel, enough, and it always had to much gain and compresion, for me. To give you an idea, on the MKIV, I could dial in the lead channel, as a great clean channel, if I wanted, and then dial in to classic rock, santana lead, Metalica, ect. Channel 2 is tough but with a lot of highs and very little bass and mids, and el34's, on the outside tube sockets, and I'm in Marshall classic rock JCM800 territory, no problem.Great amp IMHO.

Back